• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Kind of an odd question but a co-worker wanted to know. He carries a Ruger .357 and wants to carry a couple of extra reloads with him but doesn't want to deal with the bulkiness of speed-loaders. He also doesn't want to have loose rounds bouncing around in his pockets. Is there any type of belt pouch that would hold 10 rounds of ammo? He would prefer something that holds each round independently primer up. I suggested a cowboy rig but he said too obvious. I suggested he find a leatherworker and have a custom pouch built to his liking. Is there anything ready made available? Thanks.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    There are speed strips, nice for a reload.
    There are also an ammo wallet. It's a plastic case that holds 18 rounds.
    I know they still make speed strips I'm not too sure about the ammo wallet.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have in my hand a Don Hume drop pouch for the 38/357. The model number on it is D408. It holds 6 rounds that can be brought out two at a time. I have no idea if it is still made because I bought this one over 20 years ago.

I too, am a fan of the Bianchi speed strip. One fits perfectly in the watch pocket of a pair of Levi's. Two at a time can easily be loaded with one of these.

Of course, the fastest reload is a second gun......

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I carry a 32S&W Long. They make speed strips for them, but no one stocks them and I have not ordered them yet. I carry some extra ammo in a Big Pack TicTac, it holds 13 rounds. I also have a small Altoids metal box that holds 9 rounds.
    After I get the srtips I will pick up a large Altoids box, it looks like it would hold 2 strips.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If you are wearing jeans, most of them have that extra "watch pocket". I often use that pocket to carry an extra 5 rounds for my .38. Easy to get to, comfortable, they stay neatly in position, and they don't get mixed up with change or anything else.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    There are speed strips, nice for a reload.
    There are also an ammo wallet. It's a plastic case that holds 18 rounds.
    I know they still make speed strips I'm not too sure about the ammo wallet.

This. Speed strips won't be bulky at all. And it would be very quick for reloads. They're shaped so you can carry multiple strips in any pocket.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Why not just carry spare rounds in a magazine?

I understand this is for a revolver, but in a reload situation you could just pull out the magazine and pop each one out into a hole. :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Why not just carry spare rounds in a magazine?

I understand this is for a revolver, but in a reload situation you could just pull out the magazine and pop each one out into a hole. :dunno:

For a 38 or 357 magnum???? Did you think this all the way through? I know, you are distracted by the weather reports.....:):

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    He could use a Desert Eagle .357 magazine

The only problem is it is sometimes difficult to get bullets out of magazines manually compared with getting them in there.

Or, he could just get a Desert Eagle in .357 Magnum!!!;)

Vanguard.45

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    For a 38 or 357 magnum???? Did you think this all the way through? I know, you are distracted by the weather reports.....:):

I didn't realize the revolver takes the 357 magnum. Just learned something new. I was thinking a G31 but now realized it takes a 357 sig.:D

Top Bottom