• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have a few things to pay off before I get the bike (wedding mostly). But after that I'll get it! The current economic crisis makes them MUCH cheaper.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    A few custom bikes ago, I had a leather tool bag mounted on the bars modified to hold my .45 on the back side with a velcro secured weather/concealment flap over it. Leather shop charged 20 bucks to fab it up. I now have a Sport/Tour style bike and keep a revolver in the tank bag in one of the easily accessed zippered pockets. It holds all my other crap plus I carry it in every where with me, so it's inconspicuious to all that i've got some heat tucked away in there. I keep 2 bird shot rounds first up for any unteathered dogs that seem to like my right leg and 4 Gold Speer's for it's stupid owner. You would find it hard to believe how fast some dogs can run for a short distance, chompin' at your calf. Then they run faster in other direction after a good "bang" or 2.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I used to get chased by dogs on my bike all the time. Luckily I could pedal pretty fast and BB's seemed fairly effective deturents.... :D

What kinda gun you keep? A Judge?

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    P1010112.jpg
    I used to get chased by dogs on my bike all the time. Luckily I could pedal pretty fast and BB's seemed fairly effective deturents.... :D

What kinda gun you keep? A Judge?
    Hopefully Thurs. .44 MAG if all is right with the world !!! and the friggin' ATF !!!!

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    I know police officers who use the "bely wrap" for their baby Glock off duty in the summer with shorts and a t-shirt. Not the easiest to get to but it won't bounce loose while riding and you are totally aware if it does seem to loosen up. Also serves as a girdle if you have a belly roll you also want to conceal.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    HiRoller, I hope is good with the world. Sheet's been crazy I know. It's worth it in the end. Just don't forget to bring your certificate and UPIN number with you to the FFL anytime you get anything. It's a hassle, but worth it.

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    you should have seen the people's faces in cars when i pulled up next to them on my moped while OCing :laugh: people suddenly stopped tailgating me :dunno:

FieldShunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got my hands on a Berns-Martin upside-down revolver holster a while back and made up a new shoulder harness out of Eclipse tank bag straps (really!). I'm right-handed, but the draw is almost as fast and secure for the off-hand, too. I was shocked at how well I did with it left-handed after just a few draws.
    I used to carry in the inner breast pocket of the Aerostich suit I nearly always wear (still nervous after 600K miles), but this year I might work out using the B-M with the Detective Special inside.
    Nevada Gun Leather makes a similar one, and C. Rusty Sherrick makes a good copy, but not cheap.
    I experimented with working for a whole morning wearing this, some pretty strenuous stuff with crawling around on the floor included and it was secure and so comfortable I almost forgot it.
    Not the everything-everytime answer, but a good one for certain situations.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    what's wrong with a hip holster? I've seen alot of people carrying like that.
    I was thinking of getting a pancake with a thumb brake until I recalled my 1st drop. Slow speed, fell right on my side. I would imagine it would have hurt a hellof a lot more if I had landed on a gun. I want to get a mouse gun or sub-compact to carry in my front pocket as I believe that is the safest area for damages to my body in case of an unplanned get off.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The front pocket area wouldn't be a good area to get shot in. You have a whole slew or arteries through there and as a man a few other things. :stretcher:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    I carry a Glock 27 in a smartcarry in the pants holster. you can wear it without a shirt and with shorts and still be totally concealed. Ridden my Harley 1,000's of miles with it without discomfort. I prefer the advantage of surprise yielded by concealed carry.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I was thinking of getting a pancake with a thumb brake until I recalled my 1st drop. Slow speed, fell right on my side. I would imagine it would have hurt a hellof a lot more if I had landed on a gun. I want to get a mouse gun or sub-compact to carry in my front pocket as I believe that is the safest area for damages to my body in case of an unplanned get off.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from carring. I'm sure a kidney "punch" caused by landing on a firearm sucks, but I'd still rather have that firearm and be able to use it instead of sucking on someone else's lead or taking a knife if they want your bike or if they feel you are a "typical ******* on a bike" and want to teach you a lesson.

A retention device like the one shown would be a good idea.

I'm looking at real motorcycle jackets for wearing on my Duc and those suckers seem to fit so tight and extend pretty low that I doubt an IWB holster will work. Hell, an OWB hip won't even work...

Magnet on the tank for the win!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The main requirement is to use a holster that will retain your gun if you go down. I did and I was amazed to find the gun securely snapped into the holster. It was a Galco shoulder rig. This is one activity where you don't want to even think about a cheap carry rig. I normally carry concealed all the time. Last couple of summers I have gotten to where I don't even care if the gun is visible to the public. So far no one even seems to notice it. I do have a very quiet bike which probably helps.

Top Bottom