• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    I was told that you had to do it online, and I was also told to do it in the local police station. Can anyone help me with this?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From the INGO FAQ:

What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=6643 (it's a PDF, but at this time it doesn't seem to download as one. Just open it with your favorite PDF reader.)
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.

How will I know that my address has been updated?

You won't. The ISP just updates their database. They will not notify you that they have done so, but you are free to call the Firearms Licensing Section to verify your address on file. You might as well just go ahead and spend the $20 on a new license at the time you update your address so you'll not only get a freshly-minted license (with your new address), but it will also serve as your notification that they've updated their records.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I may be wrong but I belive you have to do it in writing, within 60days of the move. So im assuming you have to mail them a letter. May have a few of the more knowing members reply, but im thinking thats what has to be done

s2k2k4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2011
    Frequently Asked Questions,

Anyone know what happens (if anything) if you happen to forget to do it within sixty days?

acase20

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Jay County
    Well apparently you can be arrested. I was pulled over today and had forgot ( I had My .45 in the glove box so I had to tell the police officer about it because my registration is in there) to change mine in time he told me to take it home and to not let him catch me with it again until it was fixed or I was going to jail

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well apparently you can be arrested. I was pulled over today and had forgot ( I had My .45 in the glove box so I had to tell the police officer about it because my registration is in there) to change mine in time he told me to take it home and to not let him catch me with it again until it was fixed or I was going to jail

You didn't have it on you, or you TOLD the LEO the address was wrong on it? :dunno:

The address doesnt legally have to be correct ON the LTCH, but it has to be correct in the system, so I am kinda confused as to what happened here..

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    You didn't have it on you, or you TOLD the LEO the address was wrong on it? :dunno:

The address doesnt legally have to be correct ON the LTCH, but it has to be correct in the system, so I am kinda confused as to what happened here..

Correct. When changing address you must submit, in writing, by letter or fax that you have changed addresses. They will then change it in the system...but the change is not required on your license. They will offer to send you a new one (for $20 last i checked) but they will tell you its not nessacery.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My drivers licence was different so it didnt take him long to notice the change.

doesn't have to be the same. as long as the address is changed in the system you are good to go.
    now the question is, can LEO find the address on LTCH in the system?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Correct. When changing address you must submit, in writing, by letter or fax that you have changed addresses. They will then change it in the system...but the change is not required on your license. They will offer to send you a new one (for $20 last i checked) but they will tell you its not nessacery.

I decided that $20 for a new copy (actually $40 since I did my wife's too) was well worth it when we moved. Yeah, you don't have to have a match, but as the earlier posts stated, having the DL and LTCH match means a lot less trouble if you do get pulled over.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    When I moved, I filled out, and mailed the form, along with $20 to get a new license, the last week of July, and I still haven't gotten the new one. Should I be calling someone, or just be patient?

Top Bottom