• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I called today because Im getting ready to move and wanted to know what I needed to do about the address on the forms that I sent in 6 weeks ago.

I was told that they were all pending and who my examiner was and what form I need to fill out.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I called today because Im getting ready to move and wanted to know what I needed to do about the address on the forms that I sent in 6 weeks ago.

I was told that they were all pending and who my examiner was and what form I need to fill out.
    they didnt tell you to just send the address change info via written letter?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was told that I needed to fill out a 5320.20 form and send it in.
    That's correct. Moving of NFA items uses a 5320.20. But doing so is optional for in-state moves. The only time it is requires is when crossing state-lines with SBR, SBS, MG, or DD, suppressors and AOWs are exempt from the 5320.20 (but you can still put them on it if you want to).

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    i think he is moving from one home to a new home. the 5320.2 is for "transporting" NFA across state lines ????? Im confused as to when they started requiring 5320.2 for change of address :dunno: I have only ever notified in writing, of change of address :n00b:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    i think he is moving from one home to a new home. the 5320.2 is for "transporting" NFA across state lines ????? Im confused as to when they started requiring 5320.2 for change of address :dunno: I have only ever notified in writing, of change of address :n00b:
    I know it's probably a typo, but the 5320.2 is not the same as a 5320.20.

They don't require a 5320.20 for a change of address (unless you cross state-lines), but if you are notifying the ATF of any change of address or move, using the 5320.20 is the proper way to do it. They prefer the form 20 because it's a standardized form and it will include all the information that they need without having to read through your letter to get it. Typically you only write a letter to notify them of a permanent change of configuration to a weapon, or for a Tech/Legal ruling on a law/weapon etc.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom