• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, generally speaking, credibility usually goes hand-in-hand with honesty and a noticeable lack of hypocrisy. Were we to find out that the OP didn't use a backstop--and I'm not saying she doesn't--I think it would be logical to question her story, if not the whole thing, then at least certain parts.

I'm with IGW on this one. Somethings aren't adding up to me.
    I agree with your thoughts on credibility. I just don't see why things like her backstop are being questioned. If we had the other party or anyone else claiming she is a liar, then ok. I haven't read anything yet that makes me disbelieve her story.

Exactly what "aren't adding up" to you?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Opening day of shotgun season...should be interesting here. Hubby is out in his stand and I have my camo on ready to go out in a few. I am the lucky one that gets to feed the cats, but I think he just wanted first dibs if there were any deer left in the woods after last week's commotion. It's gonna sound like a war zone if anyone does see anything. I talked to three neighbors yesterday and two told me that they will have at least three people on their properties. I added up stands and it sounds like there will be about 20 people all hunting within about 3/4 mile of each other. I don't think we have enough deer! I'll be sure to update my log! LOL!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know my husband and I are! I've seen several without it though. One of the reasons I was calling neighbors was due to the number of stands we have seen on their property and we wanted to make sure they KNOW we are out there and to make sure they aren't just shooting when they see movement without being sure it is a deer. My spot is easy to sneak into and he wanted me to make sure to wait until light so I wouldn't get shot accidentally. Heading out in a few. I think he just wanted to make me wait cause the last time he let me hunt, my deer was bigger than his.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I was a land surveyor for quite awhile and your neighbor can not destroy trees on your property ! If need be to get it stopped retain a lawyer for the destruction of your trees , depending on the type of tree and height , it may become very expensive for your neighbor to pay for the trees.. its your land and not his , i wouldn't stop until it gets stopped. you and your family should be able to roam freely on your property without the fear of being killed , i thought as a gun owner you should be responsible enough to know whats on the other side of where you are shooting.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I know my husband and I are! I've seen several without it though. One of the reasons I was calling neighbors was due to the number of stands we have seen on their property and we wanted to make sure they KNOW we are out there and to make sure they aren't just shooting when they see movement without being sure it is a deer. My spot is easy to sneak into and he wanted me to make sure to wait until light so I wouldn't get shot accidentally. Heading out in a few. I think he just wanted to make me wait cause the last time he let me hunt, my deer was bigger than his.
    If you was to call my number and ask me a question like this, I would first ask you what is your training in the use of firearms? Also why is your husband not trying to resolve this matter? If I thought my wife was in Danger then no amount of money in the world wouldbe worth putting up with this stuff, if its indead happening.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you was to call my number and ask me a question like this, I would first ask you what is your training in the use of firearms? Also why is your husband not trying to resolve this matter? If I thought my wife was in Danger then no amount of money in the world wouldbe worth putting up with this stuff, if its indead happening.

I'm not sure you interpreted that post correctly. When hunting over the weekend, we were not near the neighbor who has been doing the target shooting. We have 9 other properties that border ours. There are 17 stands plus ground blinds on the perimeter of our property in other areas away from the idiot who is shooting onto our property and damaging our trees. We were nowhere near the target shooter but wanted to make sure other neighbors knew that we would be in the area where they were hunting since we really don't know WHO all is being given permission to hunt from their property. If they are all hunting legally and not firing at deer on our property, then we should be safe. Letting them know we are out there, reinforces that they need to make sure they are only shooting deer on THEIR property. It is amazing how every deer shot in the past has run onto our property and they have to ask permission to retrieve them. We know where we are shooting and only shoot if we have a clear shot to kill. I'm not risking my bullet going anywhere that it should not. At this point, it really doesn't matter since NOBODY fired a single shot all weekend. All of the deer seem to have moved to safer territory due to the target shooting and all of the activity in our woods over the past week. The matter that was the subject of this thread is being addressed through proper channels.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That was exactly what I said when I read your comment...Huh? What does my training in firearms have to do with making the neighbors who are hunting the perimeter of our property aware that we will be out there so we don't get shot by some gung ho kid firing at the first sign of movement? Someone commented to make sure I was wearing plenty of orange when I went out and what you quoted was my response to that comment. I assume you were referring to the target shooting problem when you asked why my husband wasn't trying to resolve the problem, but this entire thread should make it obvious that we are taking steps to deal with that.

Top Bottom