• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Window open in the bathroom in dead of winter is my arch enemy...Wife grew up in L.A., family is from the hot part of Argentina...Not much experience with cold and central heat...

I am walking down the hallway when I notice the hallway seems to be getting cooler...MUCH cooler...15 degrees outside and as I step in the bathroom I am hit by a blast of cold air and condensation dripping down the mirror....

"Hey honey...I couldn't help but notice the bathroom window is open and it's 15 degrees outside...Why???? I mean seriously, why????"

"No biggie...Mom was hot when she got out of the shower so she opened the window to cool the bathroom down..."

"Will you explain to her that next time to leave the bathroom window closed and to just step on the back porch for 30 seconds and that will cool her right down okay???"

"Yeah...I know you hate when I touch the thermostat so can you crank it up some...It's downright cold in the hallway...Brrrrr...Wait what's that weird noise???? Sounds like a small motor...."

"I am sorry dear...It's my molars...They make that sound when I am grinding them against each other to prevent a possible stroke...."

"You're so cute when your blood pressure rises...."

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    They forgot:
    A pile of broken things on the workbench, with no indication who put it there and what is wrong with it.
    Leaving the car to operate on fumes.
    Running the shower for 5 minutes before getting in (to warm it up).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    they forgot the one where your in the car and the ""person"" next to you is hot so off goes the heat and fan then they are cold so its back to inferno setting on the heat and the fan to maximum thrust...one of many drives me crazy.. NO wait it is a short walk back to crazy... its :nuts::n00b: YEAH Thats me.

If you're in MY car, you don't touch the heater controls. Not even the one for your side. If you're uncomfortable, let me know. I'll adjust your side for you. When I get around to it.

It's 0 degrees out. Car is likewise 0. We start driving and someone wants the heater fan on high immediately "so it will warm up faster".

Blowing cold air faster doesn't make the cabin warmer.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You orderly guys crack me up. But then I suppose us unorganized guys crack you up when we're trying to find the tool we don't remember where we put.

Nah... my BIL was a mechanic. I spent a few hours in his shop cleaning and organizing his tools for him.
    The next day they were all mixed up again, even the metric and SAE stuff was mixed up.

Different strokes for different folks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also have electrical connectors in an divided box. Forked sta-kons (solderless connectors), pin sta-kons, butt splice sta-kons, quick connect sta-kons.... also divided by wire gage, and terminal size (for the forked ones).
    Also, various sizes of wire nuts. And the small screws used in electrical boxes and switches/outlets.

Another for Christmas bulbs, old fashioned bulbs.

Another for Christmas bulbs, LEDs.

And one for cotter pins.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No kids here, but I do notice that whenever DoggyMama "organizes" things, the "things" always seem to get stacked in front of stuff that I need to get to on a regular basis. HER stuff is easily accessible. I have to play Jenga and climb over things to navigate my way back to my stuff. :n00b: She's been after me to clean up my reloading bench. I have a set of shelves out in the garage where I store my brass and projectiles. I told her I would be happy to clean up the bench if I could get to the shelves where I store the stuff that is sitting on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah... my BIL was a mechanic. I spent a few hours in his shop cleaning and organizing his tools for him.
    The next day they were all mixed up again, even the metric and SAE stuff was mixed up.

Different strokes for different folks.
    It’s not that we want to be disorganized. It’s how we’re wired. We get used to it though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Guy at work just told me his adult son moved back home.
    My coworker went to go to work in the morning, saw a light in the garage.
    It was the garage refrigerator. Something was in the way of the door, so it didn't shut all the way.

I showed him this video.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wish me well, INGO, my older daughter got her driver's license today:

View attachment 61978

panicbrockman.thumb.gif.53ae285527341b6e402dc8d022a6101a.gif

Top Bottom