• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I shared that with my older son and his smart-@$$ reply was: "I feel like nobody would even notice if I did that to the screws".

My 20 year screw bucket with no rhyme or reason that I have to paw through whenever i need an odd screw or bolt not good enough for him?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I shared that with my older sone and his smart-@$$ reply was: "I feel like nobody would even notice if I did that to the screws".

My 20 year screw bucket with no rhyme or reason that I have to paw through whenever i need an odd screw or bolt not good enough for him?
    Right? That’s how I do it. Why sort screws you may never need? Sort them when you need them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NO NO and NO :runaway:

I have bins and cases with sorted bolts, nuts and washers.

Me too. Or at least the divided boxes. Had one up on a ladder while I was installing something.
    I turned around and my rear end must have been taking more space than I figured, cause it knocked the box and screws off the ladder.
    :(
    I cried.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me too. Or at least the divided boxes. Had one up on a ladder while I was installing something.
    I turned around and my rear end must have been taking more space than I figured, cause it knocked the box and screws off the ladder.
    :(
    I cried.
    I usually figure out which and how many screws I need and take those with me. But the older I get the easier it is for me to drop stuff. I might start carrying an extra of each up the ladder. Hard on the knees going up and down the ladder to fetch screws I drop.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I actually took the ceiling light fixture out of our laundry room when our daughter still lived at home! Nobody could ever seem to remember to turn it off, so I turned it off for them....permanently.

(Now, my wife has been on my ass for at least two years to put it back. I’ll get around to it one of these days)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That remote control hiding thing...yeah, that's caused my blood pressure to rise a time or two.

Ask my kids where is the most illogical place for a remote to be and they'll know the answer- on the TV stand.

Our's does equal time between that and the inner recesses of the couch, despite the fact that there are 2 end tables, one with a remote basket, that would be great places to put them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ask my kids where is the most illogical place for a remote to be and they'll know the answer- on the TV stand.

Our's does equal time between that and the inner recesses of the couch, despite the fact that there are 2 end tables, one with a remote basket, that would be great places to put them.

When my kids were real little, "my" chair had compartments under the arm rests (the rests would flip up to access the compartments). Between my wife and kids hiding the remote, it was unbearable. I bought one of those universal units and a length of lightweight chain. I fixed one end of the chain on the remote and the other to the inside of one of those compartments. That pretty well solved that problem. :D

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    they forgot the one where your in the car and the ""person"" next to you is hot so off goes the heat and fan then they are cold so its back to inferno setting on the heat and the fan to maximum thrust...one of many drives me crazy.. NO wait it is a short walk back to crazy... its :nuts::n00b: YEAH Thats me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    they forgot the one where your in the car and the ""person"" next to you is hot so off goes the heat and fan then they are cold so its back to inferno setting on the heat and the fan to maximum thrust...one of many drives me crazy.. NO wait it is a short walk back to crazy... its :nuts::n00b: YEAH Thats me.

It's 0 degrees out. Car is likewise 0. We start driving and someone wants the heater fan on high immediately "so it will warm up faster".

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Exactly. I have to deal folks with phd’s that have not figured out basic things like that. Some have it and some don’t. Had one bring pliers in the bend and prong on a cord so it would fit into the outlet. Strange things happen when you pug a 110 volt treadmill into a 220 volt outlet

Top Bottom