• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkc054054

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I am reloading a .223 REM. My powder is Hodgdon BL-(C)2 and the bullet is a Hornady .224 55 gr FMJ BT with cannelure. I cannot find load data for this combination anywhere. I am new to reloading so this is the first time I have looked for this information. I checked out both the Hodgdon website and the Hornady website. I have no reloading books so where can I find this load data? Or do I have to pick something close but not identical to this combination? :dunno:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    From loaddata.com:

Starting loads:

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]55 grain Soft Point 25.5 grains[SIZE=-1] (3069 FPS)
    [SIZE=-1]55 grain Sinterfire 24 grains (2937 FPS)[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
    [SIZE=-1]M[SIZE=-1]aix[SIZE=-1]mun[SIZE=-1]:

[SIZE=-1]55 grain Soft [SIZE=-1]Point 27.5 grains (3313 FPS)
    [SIZE=-1]55 grain Sinterfire 27.0 grains (3220 FPS)

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
    [SIZE=-1]This is why I'm[SIZE=-1] a fan of the site. 1 year membership costs the same as a hardback book, but you get SO many more loads.

[SIZE=-1]Still surprised you couldn't find anything on Ho[SIZE=-1]gdon's si[SIZE=-1]te[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE]

Last edited:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    How can someone be a reloader if they really have NO reloading books? That just seems unwise, to me. Is it worth saving $30, if it means remaining uninformed about a potentially dangerous hobby?

@M67 - That is almost certainly copyrighted material you just posted from another site. It wouldn't surprise me if a Mod comes along and removes it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I am reloading a .223 REM. My powder is Hodgdon BL-(C)2 and the bullet is a Hornady .224 55 gr FMJ BT with cannelure. I cannot find load data for this combination anywhere. I am new to reloading so this is the first time I have looked for this information. I checked out both the Hodgdon website and the Hornady website. I have no reloading books so where can I find this load data? Or do I have to pick something close but not identical to this combination? :dunno:

In my opinion you need to stop reloading now before you get someone hurt. Then contact Hodgdon and get their reloading data for that powder before you do another thing. They are A VERY popular powder company, I'm willing to bet that an hour spent with Google or Bing might even turn up the data you need.

You need to buy some reloading books. Hornady makes a very nice set of reloading books for their bullets in a 2 volume set. Amazon has their 9th Edition for about $50.00 in a single volume. Lyman has a 49th Edition out on Amazon for about $25

Seriously, until you get more successful reloading experience under your belt, you have no business guessing or experimenting with an unknown load. The Hodgdon Reloading Data web has about anything you can dream up...and if it doesn't you call them.

Reloading is great fun, a great way to save a few bucks on ammo, and can be very rewarding but it takes patience, practice, and you need to be very safety minded when doing it.

Have fun!

jkc054054

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    Just to make it clear I am NOT adding powder to even the first case until I have all the information, books, etc, that I need. Safety always comes first - I have NO plans to add powder willy nilly I can assure you. That is why I asked the question.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Just to make it clear I am NOT adding powder to even the first case until I have all the information, books, etc, that I need. Safety always comes first - I have NO plans to add powder willy nilly I can assure you. That is why I asked the question.

That's cool, I think if you got the reloading books and some data from the powder company you'll be all set.

Top Bottom