How to get my wife to shoot with me?!!!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Geez, just make it fun for her. Make it a trip to the range plus Starbucks or something...whatever SHE likes to do.

I sat through a mind numbing movie to get Mr.Jet to go along.
    Quid pro quo, you know?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Seriously, get a semiauto .22 with a red dot, put a supressor on it and shoot sub sonic rounds at the steel plate.

She will LOVE IT.

Most women don't like the bang or kick from firearms. Others don't like how "hard" it is to use iron sights or they have a hard time adjusting to "eye relief" of scoped shooting.

My cousin loves semi autos but would never shoot with us when we only had bolt action single shot'rs.... too much PITA for one shot that she missed with 70% of the time. We also didn't have cool ringy dingy steel targets.

Also, I find it much more enjoyable even myself with the ears that IndyJoe reccomended to me. I could hear the guys inserting each bullet into their magazine while reloading @ Pop Guns today (Atterbury was closed and I didn't have time to go anywhere else out of town to sight this red dot and the BUIS on my M&P 15-22 and I still haven't made it to a stinkin MCF&G meeting to get a membership). It was insane how clearly I could hear the guys 3 rows down talking, but whenever any of the firearms went off, it was no louder than someone speaking loudly in volume. Those earmuffs are amazing and worth every penny!!

Trust me, you hand her a "quieter than most cars starting" rifle that's easy to sight no matter how you hold it (within reason) that barely budges when she pulls the trigger and can make things go DING DING DING without reloading and/or some hearing protection that allows her to actually hear people when gunshots aren't going off, she'll be hooked!

What you have to look out for after that is her outperforming you at FNS....(which I badly want to shoot in but alas, I can't ever make it to the daggum board meetings!!! *WTB private 1 on 1 weekday safety course to meet MCF&G membership requirements*

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yes, by all means...shoot naked. Lemme know how that brass works out for your dangley xy parts.

Why do you think they invented brass catchers?

Oh, is THAT what they're called nowadays?

Wait what?

My brass usually ends up like 15 feet to my 3 o'clock... wth kind of little blue pills you two got going on that allows your "Dangley XY parts" to be 15 feet away from where your arms are....... and where can I get some?

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Is there anything that she wants to destroy? Old appliance, depressing paperwork, aggravating photo, or anything that's giving her grief?
    Make 'em targets.

I'm cheering for you and her but if it doesn't work out still congrats on having a place to shoot outside your door.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My wife has always CLAIMED to like to shoot. For about 12 years, this would mean she would want to go to the range 2-3 times a year with me. This past year, she has picked out and bought (2) of her own guns, and has gotten her LTCH. What appears to have had this effect simply has alot to do with this site. We started meeting other members ( couples ) and now meet at the range on a regular basis. She now hounds me to go every weekend. It now is me trying to use restraint and trying to keep the trips down to just a couple a month. Sometimes when we ( us guys) try hard to make it fun for them, the simple truth is they just have more fun if there are other women around also. Heck, she would probably even have more fun if the guys weren't even around at all. Then she could burn thru ALL the ammo without me preaching ammo disclipline.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    A .22 is what I have been looking for a ruger 10/22 to be exact so that I can make it into what I want. (tactical with drum and Suppressor) and so it will be fun for her.

But in a little bit of a dilemma because deer season is starting soon and I need a rifle for that too...... I shouldnt have sold my 870 dang it i kick myself everyday for that one...

Anyone got a gun I can lease for deer season?!?!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Step one: wash the dishes, fold the laundry, clean the sinks and toilets, and vacuum the carpets.
    Step two: announce that you are going out back to shoot some stuff.
    Step three: go shoot stuff.

lather, rinse, repeat.

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Get something cool to shoot at, I got my wife to go shooting with me by taking one of my daughters ANNOYING elmo dolls. She had fun putting holes in that. Get creative.

b j

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    south side of indy
    I have been blessed with the best wife.(35 years) she went shooting with me, and was on the womens league at the gun room.Years later she told me she did not like it that much she just went for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom