• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dealing with deadbeat tenants and squatters in this area means I have to keep anything that has worth for 30 days. Then it is considered debris and I can do as I want. Talk with some people who deal with these things in Wabash county to be sure they are the same. Local judge has made changes of late around here which sticks it to the homeowner in a bad way.

Show proof that you tried to contact the previous owner. Hold for the time frame needed. Sell to re-coup your storage fees only, you aren't trying to make money just covering what the previous owner would have to pay for storing the items.

Not a lawyer, not a professional, not even all that witty.

Endless stories along these lines.
    Evicted people. 60 days later they came around bugging the new tenants for their junk. We had a huge space at a local storage facility. Park the junk for 30 days. If they came around for it they could pay the fee's on the unit. Could care what the codes were. Never had an issue save for the idiocy they displayed thinking "I" was a storage facility.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Trailers could be taxed two ways. One is as a house sitting on the property and the other is thru the BMV. I believe anything currently being placed has to be taxed as real estate situation on the parcel, but older trailers could still be under the old system and taxes could be owed that way.

Top Bottom