• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    You could find someone there to take it off your hands or some gun shops may take it. I was at a local gun shop in mishawaka and they took a 5 gal. Pail of old ammo off someone's hands

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Inherited a 20ga Side-by-Side shotgun from my Grandpa that came with a paper sack with an assortment of shells (12ga/16ga/20ga/.410) that had to of been at least 30 years old. My father & I fired every shell with only two that had bad primers. I also had a box of 50 20ga shells that were still in the box that looked brand new, and fired as so :)

But as far as the age, I would make sure it's not physically damaged/misshaped or for some strange reason corroded - and exercise your usual cautions when operating a firearm. But try it!

.....might not be a bad idea to have somebody close by. in case.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    .... Read the rest of the thread....

Hey goodcat, hope that .357 is treating you well. Do you shoot .45LC? If so, what are you shooting? Curiosity, ya know... I don't get the take the Single Six out that often since I haven't started reloading for Long Colt.

I took a newb to the range yesterday. She loved that Ruger SP101 so much she was trying to buy it on the way out... Love that revolver. The wife does too!

Top Bottom