• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not to brag but I do work out and have big calves from a Korean Rooftop defensive position.

I knew the whole gird loins postion from church. Our pastor explains things well.

Brian Keith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for posting that historical example from "biblical" times. I also believe that it is a metaphor for "prepare for battle", I suspect that many here have already done so. My prayer is that we do not have to do battle.
    Blessings,
    BKW

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Girding of ones loins has never been part of my repertoire but before I die I am going to work that into a casual conversation. Call it an addition to my bucket list.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ha!

Last night I went to Menards and as I exited the young female cashier said, "Thank you, Ma'am. Oh! No! I mean sir! uh, well you're definitely not a 'ma'am'."

"Well, not on the weekdays, I'm not.", I quickly retorted.

We both chuckled a bit.

I was at Bass Pro the other day....They asked if I had my rewards card and I gave them our phone number, which came up as "Laura"...The lady smiled and said, "You don't look like a Laura.."

I dead panned, "I don't go by Laura since the operation ma'am.."

She chuckled...I responded, "Ma'am I had a really good surgeon and I fail to see the humor..This Adam's apple wasn't cheap and I will not be mocked..."

She quit grinning then....I finished up my order, smiled and said, "I was just yanking your chain ma'am...Laura's my wife...."

I'm kind of warped but you already knew that....:ingo:

Top Bottom