• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    Among the items I got from my father is a loose cylinder. It would appear to be from a 22 of some kind.
    I have a .357 Blackhawk (probably not), a .22LR Single Six (solid maybe) and a .22LR Bearcat (not sure). What do you guys think? How can I tell what it belongs to?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Single Six and Bearcat cylinders are different diameters I think. Does it match up to one but not the other? Also, is it marked .22LR or .22 Magnum?

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Check the face of the unidentified Cylinder. Look for 3 electro etched numbers, you may have to look real hard even with a magnifying glass. If it happens to be a Magnum or spare cylinder for the Single six, the 3 numbers (if it has them) will be the last 3 digits of the single sixes serial number. This would make it a factory matched cylinder.

I have never owned one, but I thought the Bearcat cylinders had the Bear and Cat engraved on them ?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Check the face of the unidentified Cylinder. Look for 3 electro etched numbers, you may have to look real hard even with a magnifying glass. If it happens to be a Magnum or spare cylinder for the Single six, the 3 numbers (if it has them) will be the last 3 digits of the single sixes serial number. This would make it a factory matched cylinder.

I have never owned one, but I thought the Bearcat cylinders had the Bear and Cat engraved on them ?

Yea Ruger etches part of the serial # onto the back of the cylinders. :yesway:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

This....

Winner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Louisville Kentucky
    Mine is engraved like this but they don't show lr or magnum.The magnum rounds won't fit the lr cylinder.But the lr rounds will fall into the magnum cylinder loosely.You have to watch close.I think that may be why I have seen the newer guns with unfluted magnum cylinders.

Top Bottom