• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I couldn't find my question anywhere as I cant figure out how to get the search function to search words together rather individually, and didn't really know how to go about asking but this would be my best bet.

So... say someone was looking at joining county police to become a sheriff's deputy? How would one go about doing this? Academy? Training? Cost? Length of training, etc...? I couldn't find an e-mail on the Allen Co. sheriff's site for correspondence either.. :(

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Put in an application, and get yourself prepared to take the physical fitness tests. Your est bet would be try to talk to one of the deputies in your county to see what advice they could give you.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'll have to find a deputy to talk to I guess. I couldn't find out where to put in an application on the sheriff's site or the Allen County jobs site, but talking to a deputy would probably point me in the right direction.

I'm not too concerned with the physical tests as I can do all the minimums I've seen quite easily and currently getting back into running after a partial calcaneous achilles rupture on both legs (increased mileage a LITTLE too much too quickly....). I thought I'd start asking about it now as I think I'd be ready to undergo the physicals and training about 1 1/2 - 2 months from now.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Depends on the county. Allen county probably sends their deputies to the state ILEA site in Plainfield. I'm slated to go on April 1st. I was a reserve for a bit, got hired on full time nearby and have been working full-time for 3 months now.

Make sure you can do the EXIT standards for the ILEA as those are what most depts test. They have to have a hiring process. Most Sheriff's depts tend to hire from "pools", where you test and go through the process, get okayed to go into the "pool" and get hired when they have an opening. It depends on the dept. PM me if you have more questions.

Top Bottom