• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I'm a huge fan of keeping a small bob bag and rifle in my trunk. You never know where you'll be when the shtf. I keep a old M44 that didn't cost much to start with and would be more firepower than my small .38 i generally ccw. I like the idea of having the fire power until I could get to my full bob and AR.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    i lol'ed at all the guns in the back of the trunk, i kinda want a suv so i can have a mount behind the center console to store a weapon most likely a ar-15 when i get one

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I would think a trunk gun is fine.

I would suggest a "trunk gun" is not for those times you might want to pull over for trouble and retrieve the rifle... (sigh) that's what the handgun is for - that and keep driving.

I would suggest a trunk gun is for that very remote circumstance that the infrastructure is down (I'm thinking natural disaster) and that 25 mile drive home becomes a long, long walk thru neighborhoods of some pretty unhappy, opportunistic folks who are undergoing extreme shortages due to the above mentioned natural disaster.

Or if the hankering for some target shooting after work hits you.

The only downside is that de-milling my car prior to leaving it at the mechanics takes some serious time.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I used to have a AK-47 under my rear seat, but I figured that would freak-out the police, So now I have a MAVRICK 88 12 GAUGE shotgun, that way the po-po won't have to worry about me:twocents:

None of your post make any sense. Just wanted to point that out.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    OP I get what you're saying and I'm in about the same boat. In the event of SHTF many of us could be stuck in the downtown area and trying to make it home on foot. I haven't decided what a good trunk gun would be yet. I know I wouldn't want it to be worth too much in case it's stolen or damaged. Right now I am thinking a Draco AK pistol or another AK rifle variant would be a good choice. However, if society is breaking down it may not be a good idea to be walking around with a rifle.

OP do you have a "get home bag"? If so you could possibly conceal a collapsed or broken down rifle in it.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think a side folding AK is the way to go. Great gun but if it were stolen somehow, I would be frustrated but could get over it. With the side folder, small enough to fit in my back pack for the 15 mile walk home.

With all that is going on in Europe this might be closer than most think.

sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    I have a 76 mile one way commute every day. Do you guys really think my pistol will cut it if SHTF or even a small localized breakdown? I'm sure I am much better off with a CHEAP battle rifle and some ammo in a softball bag. Clean it once a year and forget about it.

Top Bottom