• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    PLEASE do not blame yourself. This forum takes it abnormally personally if you don't immediately follow both spoken and unspoken rules upon joining. This is neither an indictment on you nor the board. just how it is

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is a quirk of the site's rules, as others have mentioned. Trust me, if you stick it out and play by the rules, within 6 months you too will likely be reporting the next group of noobs posting one liners. ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    PLEASE do not blame yourself. This forum takes it abnormally personally if you don't immediately follow both spoken and unspoken rules upon joining. This is neither an indictment on you nor the board. just how it is
    Seems like it is an indictment on the board. Just how I see it.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Seems like it is an indictment on the board. Just how I see it.

And if it is? :dunno: This is one of the “quirkiest” forums I belong to both in membership and in rules. So what? Took me a minute to figure things out, but I’m still here. Weird isn’t necessarily bad, just different! If the OP takes the time to adapt to our quirks, he may benefit in the long run. And if not? Well, then the quirks did their job…:abused:

Edited to add that I initially thought, based solely on the thread title, that this was a joke about some AI begging not to be deleted lol.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When they say quick one liners, they aren’t talking about quick after the original thread post. They are talking quick as in short.
    as much as people want to complain, the 50 post rule is NOT unique. I belong to several national boards and they all have an initial requirement like 50 posts, some of them have continuing participation requirements. But that takes a lot of work by the mods and we have a much smaller staff here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And if it is? :dunno: This is one of the “quirkiest” forums I belong to both in membership and in rules. So what? Took me a minute to figure things out, but I’m still here. Weird isn’t necessarily bad, just different! If the OP takes the time to adapt to our quirks, he may benefit in the long run. And if not? Well, then the quirks did their job…:abused:

Edited to add that I initially thought, based solely on the thread title, that this was a joke about some AI begging not to be deleted lol.
    He's the one that said it wasn't an indictment. I begged to differ from the way I saw it. That's all. Never said that INGO is perfect but it's a damn sight better than other forums I've seen.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When they say quick one liners, they aren’t talking about quick after the original thread post. They are talking quick as in short.
    as much as people want to complain, the 50 post rule is NOT unique. I belong to several national boards and they all have an initial requirement like 50 posts, some of them have continuing participation requirements. But that takes a lot of work by the mods and we have a much smaller staff here.
    And ours also requires ongoing interactions to stay within the rules. Its hard to police, but sometimes they drop right in your lap.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Nope it’s bold italicized and underlined while screaming Bigreds name! Then your posts never get deleted

Dude, if you know about guns, join the discussion and support your assertions. If you don't know a lot, ask questions.

People here love to argue and explain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom