• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Has anyone tried this with a different caliber? I'm thinking the reason it wouldn't work with a different caliber is the force from the firing pin not being enough to push the pencil.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just tried it with my G19...only pushes the pencil out about 1/2 inch or so. Probably the difference in striker vs. hammer fired guns, as my wife's Colt Defender (1911 style) in 9mm will shoot a pencil just fine.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Surprised that the Glock didn't go kaboom on ya.... :D

LOL...made sure I had my eye and ear protection on just in case.

I did find a side benefit of this drill. My 4 year old wanted to know what I was doing, so I took the chance to do some basic "4 rules" instruction with her under my very close supervision. In doing so I learned a couple of things.

1) She is not yet strong enough nor has large enough hands to operate a 1911 with grip safety. (Not the doesn't make it any safer for me to leave it unsecured around her)

2) She seemed to take very naturally to handling a pistol and knew exactly what to do to operate it, even if she wasn't strong enough yet to do so.

So, parents, this is another important reminder to make sure you firearms are secured, and that in the unlikely event your children find one unsecured, they know how to be safe around it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I wonder if, with a strong enough firing pin spring, a 1911 can be converted into a dart gun for the purpose of cat extermination without waking the neighbors.

:lmfao: :lol2:

"Here..kitty.kitty!"

evilCalvin.jpg

Top Bottom