• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The best way to rid anywhere of coon and her babies is to use male coon ****. Now I don't know where or how to get that ****, but I know it works. I had a customer with coons in an attic where we couldn't access without removing ceiling drywall or shingles and decking....so I called a professional critter control guy and he put some male coon pee on a ball and threw into attic. Momma moved her coons out ASAP. I asked the guy where to get the pee and he wouldn't say. I think they live trap a coon and check it's sex, if it is a male they then put plastic under trap and collect pee, I could be wrong though.

Just find a male coon and give it a 12 pack of cheap light beer. The pee will be flowing in no time, and the coon will be in a better mood. ;)

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You can light the fire with an open window...it won't produce enough soot to be a problem. Tap first hot foot later.

If they are squirrels you will have to eventually eliminate them, they will come back and if you cap the chimney after they leave the first time they will try to destroy your roof to get back in. I had this problem in WI, had to kill off about 3 families of different types. I killed one that got into the house with a bayonet...

Holy smoke! A squirrel with a bayonet can be very dangerous!! You were lucky to get out alive!!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I had the flu this year...It was a bad one....:)

We get chimney swifts at the little farm house....I try not to build a fire in the spring in case of youngun's...I can't figure out why your flue is stuck...not budging?

Not that I couldn't open it, but just wouldn't want to with mama on the other side.

Latest update. Mama never came back. Seems that mama has abandoned the nest, left the little ones to do for themselves.

No more squeaking coming from the chimney, all quiet now. The little ones didn't last long without mom. My job just got a lot simpler.

Top Bottom