• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    On the note of customizing guns it is always a bummer when people insist on higher prices for mil-surp guns that got "bubba'ed" pretty good. I have learned to just skip past those posts... after years of therapy.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Well first of all you shouldn't put prices on your used commonly available firearms that are at or above what they can regularly be bought new for that price. Just like some of the used firearms in the used firearms section of this website.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    Interesting. I can certainly agree with the point on stippling. I HATE the look so much that I wouldn't take a gun for free if it was stippled. Cerakoting on the other hand is different, as long as it's done well and the color is palatable.

Tell me about it. My dad was on the Fort Sill pistol team back in the early 1960s and did a front strap stippling job on a beautiful pre- WW2 Government Model 1911 that the armorer's had accurized for competition. The stippling is beautifully done, and the gun is still in great shape and a tack driver, but I wish it was still in original condition (not that he's looking to sell it).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    On the note of customizing guns it is always a bummer when people insist on higher prices for mil-surp guns that got "bubba'ed" pretty good. I have learned to just skip past those posts... after years of therapy.

Just a note......I took on several MilSurbs and gave them the full Monti. Put a lot of time and effort into each one and up until I had one turd they all ran great. The turd was dismantled and the good parts went into other projects and the OG returned to as built. These guns were practice for better pieces down the road and worth the efforts I invested in them and some lucky folks got some serious pieces for much less than I had invested.
    The learning curve has a price attached.

Top Bottom