• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ok, I switch over to that awful gmail crap and I think it went though.

Longhaultrucker, why can't the dorks just make stuff that works instead of impressing us with new crap that does not work.

I just want to read my e-mail on my phone and instead I have to have g-mail as a translator but it pulls my e-mail out of the bin and eats it.

The motherloving camera is overlycomplicated. Just make crap that works, neckbeards.
    Here you go.

04-samsung-jitterbug.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fun fact: The iPhone email app can make even gmail manageable and user friendly. Regardless of your email server, iPhone runs them seemlessly.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    +1

They are much more inherently user friendly than android devices, especially for those not interested in delving into the techie side of things but still want the function of a smart phone.

I'm not sure that I agree. I don't know what app Kirk was trying to use to send email, but it apparently wasn't set up correctly. That's not the phone's fault. The S4 is about as easy as it gets, but setting up business email accounts on any phone or even a client on a computer can be tricky.

If I get an iPhone will it stop leeching my emails out of my bin?

Are you using the built-in email app on the S4? Did you set it up with POP3 or IMAP? In your settings, there should be an option to not delete messages from the server when you download them to the phone.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    the new samsungs seem to have a bug, which can prevent MMS from sneding when connected to wifi. its not every device from what i gather, but i have that issue.

so, shut off wifi, delete the message that its trying to send, then re-select image and send.

there is simply no reason to get an iphone over an S4. the S4 is superior (not an opinion, either) in hardware specs, screen size, battery life.....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    there is simply no reason to get an iphone over an S4. the S4 is superior (not an opinion, either) in hardware specs, screen size, battery life

Why won't the S4 work then if it is so superior?

The e-mail is still being sucked right to the phone out of the e-mail bin.

This is after being: fixed twice by my e-mail people and taken to the AT&T store at lunch.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When the e-mail shows up on the S4, it disappears from my e-mail bin. The e-mailed is "sucked" to the phone.

So you are having email imported to your phone using gmail from your normal pc based email client, Is this correct?

If so, it's not your phone, it's the settings.

Turn off the deleted from server option so it will still be available.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Why won't the S4 work then if it is so superior?

The e-mail is still being sucked right to the phone out of the e-mail bin.

This is after being: fixed twice by my e-mail people and taken to the AT&T store at lunch.

There are a whole lot of people here who can show you how to fix what is actually a VERY simple issue if you answer some simple questions about what app your are using and who your email provider is.

This is not a samsung or an android issue. You simply set it up wrong.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sometimes I even amaze myself. (Does not take much, just ask any ex-girlfriend).

I cleared the decks and sat down for . . . well, it took a while, but I got the &*^$@*& fixed!

Take that, e-mail!

Top Bottom