• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    I need to ship some ammo back to a supplier that gave me some bad ammo. He seems to be trying to work with me so I do not want to provide any names unless things do not work out. However I went to the UPS store and told them that I need to ship some ammo and they said they cannot ship from the store and I had to go to the UPS hub to ship it. Any other suggestions on how to send a small ammo can half filled with ammo back to him?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Hey Curtis, welcome to the IN Gun Owners forum.

If the supplier is willing to work with you, they should be able to provide that information. If it's a major manufacturer, you can probably locate a local retailer that sells it but if it's a smaller, regional company, you may have to make other arrangements.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I need to ship some ammo back to a supplier that gave me some bad ammo. He seems to be trying to work with me so I do not want to provide any names unless things do not work out. However I went to the UPS store and told them that I need to ship some ammo and they said they cannot ship from the store and I had to go to the UPS hub to ship it. Any other suggestions on how to send a small ammo can half filled with ammo back to him?

This is the same experience I had at my local UPS Store. Go with the flow, find your nearest hub & take the ammo in a decent box with packing material. Pay the ORM-D fee & get it shipped.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    This is the same experience I had at my local UPS Store. Go with the flow, find your nearest hub & take the ammo in a decent box with packing material. Pay the ORM-D fee & get it shipped.

This. Also, if the supplier is willing to pay the shipping, he can schedule a pick up for you. The driver can pick it up at your house and you won't have to worry about shipping charges or having to take it into the hub. This is the route I would try to go if I were you. Sometimes you have to provide your own ORM-D label, but simply writing it on the box will usually work. Good luck. :yesway:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Need to (or at least best to) fill the remainder of the can with filler (old news paper, gun mags w/o address label, foam etc.) so it does not rattle.
    I typically down load some ORM-D label, print and glue on with clear tape over the top ...

Good Luck

Top Bottom