• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    Ive got a black synthetic stock on M1A Loaded.
    Just bought a walnut stock/handguard, with no hardwear.
    What all needs to be changed over? How in depth is the process?
    Anything to lookout for other than the handguard clip and not cracking the wood during the change w the clip?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    There are some specialized tools for removing and installing the metal parts. If you don't own them, you might want to find someone who does. I do but I am not close.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If the walnut stock has no hardware at all you will not have everything you will need for the wood stock. You need to get the receiver/trigger group area metal. If the stocks are USGI that is, not sure on the aftermarket stocks. And like sloughfoot has stated there are specialized tools for the M1A/M14 Rifles. The handguard can be slid off if the front sight base/flashhider and gas system is removed. kimbercollector I am sure it is something that you can handle.

one more

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I am pretty positive that you do not have the required stock metal in that synthetic. Like said above you will need to get the metal that goes in the wooden stocks. Not hard to do, but you will need the spanner wrench to install the bolts. Does the wood stock have the buttplate group and sling swivels? Personally I would find a USGI walnut stock with all the needed parts. Pretty easy to find.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You can get all the stock metal and the spanner wrench from Windy City Sourcing. The wrench is about $10 and depending on grade of hardware, from about $45 up to $65

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    You can get all the stock metal and the spanner wrench from Windy City Sourcing. The wrench is about $10 and depending on grade of hardware, from about $45 up to $65

Wow. 20 years into the M1-A game and someone shows me a vendor I've never seen before.

'merica! :patriot:

Top Bottom