• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    How do you wash baseball caps without messing up the bills? :dunno:I have several that are coated in cat hair (I hate cats) that need cleaned, but don't want to mess them up.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If all else fails: next time you wash the car, just dunk your hat in the bucket a few times, rinse with the hose, and put it back on. That's the treatment my INGO hat gets :D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Fill sink with water, put on hat, stick head in sink, shake head vigorously till you can't hold your breath anymore, pull head out and repeat a few times. Will be clean and in the shape of your head. :D

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Fill sink with water, put on hat, stick head in sink, shake head vigorously till you can't hold your breath anymore, pull head out and repeat a few times. Will be clean and in the shape of your head. :D

This should be done in the month of October, add apples to the water to keep folks from doubting your sanity.....

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've got one of the washing frames for ballcaps. They work OK. Just don't wash your cap too often. The bills on many caps are just cardboard covered with cloth and too much washing will turn it to pulp. Getting sweat stains out is a pain, too. They get set pretty well in most caps. The washing frame does do a decent job of holding things together during washing and drying, tho. Worth the couple of bucks. I think you might be able to still pick them up at Walmart, I think that's where I got mine.

Tester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    The bills on many caps are just cardboard covered with cloth and too much washing will turn it to pulp.
    Not to mention that when the cardboard deteriorates, there's nothing for the stitching to hold onto. Sometimes it will start ripping out due to that. Someone once suggested Scotch guarding new stuff to me once, but I've never tried it. I imagine it would work to prevent a lot of the sweat staining problems.

Top Bottom