• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am just curious about a simple scenario and how different people would react.

You are walking alone in a dark alley at night.You are carrying your current EDC if you didnt forget anything at home this day.
    Someone appears from behind a trash can just two feet away from you and pulls a knife (see picture ;)) at you.
    Then ask for your wallet, phone and watch.
    Let's say the guy is your size or a bit bigger than you.

What would you do or try to do?

Yep the guy has a big scary knife like that. :D

1038.jpg

Do you do give your stuff to the guy?
    Kick his ass?
    Call the police or not? (afterwards obviously as this guy wont let you call 911)
    Any other thing? :dunno:

Just curious and bored to be honest ... :popcorn:

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I offer him my wallet first, then while I am reaching for my wallet I grab my G27 instead and cause a big red spot on the pavement below him.

This is one definite advantage to cc at 4 o'clock.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I offer him my wallet first, then while I am reaching for my wallet I grab my G27 instead and cause a big red spot on the pavement below him.

This is one definite advantage to cc at 4 o'clock.

Yep I carry my weapon there too, a few inches above my wallet.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    He sees my openly carried XD, pees and runs away.

Pretty sure that one's been proven in force on force training. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He sees my openly carried XD, pees and runs away.

Pretty sure that one's been proven in force on force training. :D

Do you think he would ask you "Are you a cop?" or "Is that a real gun?" before he runs away?
    Maybe while he runs away. :dunno:
    I found out that OC always makes people ask those questions. :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    "is that a real gun?"

Wanna find out? :)

I'll go with A) pretend to reach for wallet, pull gun instead or B) pull out wallet, drop on ground at BG's feet and then kick his ass while he bends over to pick it up

in that order of preference

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am just curious about a simple scenario and how different people would react.

You are walking alone in a dark alley at night.

SNIP

Just curious and bored to be honest ...

Being honest, I'm not stupid enough to be walking alone down a dark alley. It's called situational awareness.

I would walk a way that keeps me away from a BG being easily concealed.

If there was no other way, first things first I would be saying to myself, "Self, why are you stupid enough to do this to yourself"

Second thing would be to have my hand on my EDC and walk as far away from places where a person could be hiding.

After that it's a crap shoot because it all depends on the BG, how he's positioned, where he's standing, how is his demeanor (shaking nervous vs calm and cool ect..).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "is that a real gun?"

Wanna find out? :)

I'll go with A) pretend to reach for wallet, pull gun instead or B) pull out wallet, drop on ground at BG's feet and then kick his ass while he bends over to pick it up

in that order of preference

I like your style. :yesway:
    I would grab my tactical baton as I prented to reach for my wallet and strike him to the head as im facing a deadly weapon.Then hit to the arm holding the knife if he's still standing on his feet after the hit to the head.
    Then to finish a nice hit to his legs to be sure he wont fallow me as I go away.

This way no shots fired and no need to call the police.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Being honest, I'm not stupid enough to be walking alone down a dark alley. It's called situational awareness.

After that it's a crap shoot because it all depends on the BG, how he's positioned, where he's standing, how is his demeanor (shaking nervous vs calm and cool ect..).

:rolleyes: I know I know ... It depends on so many things.

His demeanor (:rolleyes: is that even a word?:dunno:) wont change much to me.
    Shaking or calm he attacked the wrong person and will end up eating the pavement.

Maybe if he's really shaking I will try to talk to him:

"Im sure of two things: I dont want to make you eat the pavement and you dont want to eat the pavement so just drop your knife and run away now kid." :draw:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I let him stab me.
    If I'm hanging out in a dark alley at night then that means Im a looser and I should of probably stabbed myself along time ago.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Calmly say "That's not a knife, this is a knife!" and proceed to pull my 12 inch bladed knife from it's sheath and cut a nice little design in his red pleasure jacket.

But seriously I would hope the perp seen my P226 on my hip(OC'er), let me walk by then rob the next guy walking down the alley.

Last edited:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    hands forward at first, 3 big steps back, draw and fire if he is in pursuit. If he did not push the issue after my retreat....... good, If he still did... Yep. Easier said than done, but 1. I wouldnt have been in that alley, and 2. bacon. That is all.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I don't think at my age I'd be walking down a dark alley at night. If I was, my hand would already be on the 9mm in my right front pocket. Guess I would step back cause I was frightened, pull the 9mm and empty the magazine. If that didn't do it and I couldn't escape I'd have to pull the XD40 from the IWB holster with my left hand and try it. If the bad guy is still standing after 20 rounds, I suppose I'll let him stab me. Honestly, unless you've been in a life or death situation you don't really know what you would do. For most of us, we are just telling what we'd like to think we would do. I just know I'm too old to fist fight and too out of shape to run away.:laugh:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Years ago, I read a story about an FBI training situation that was along the same lines as this scenario. The students were timed and graded according to how they handled the situation. One by one, students attempted their amazing feats of trying to disarm the bad guy and almost all of them "died" and no one survived without some type of injury. When it was one student's turn, as soon as the instructor said go, he sprinted down the alley and was done before the "bad guys" had a chance to react. He decided it was better to avoid the situation than to try to survive it.

So, how would I handle it? I wouldn't, I would avoid it at all costs.

By the way, he also had the fastest time...

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    If I was, my hand would already be on the 9mm in my right front pocket.

Same here, the knife perp would never stand a chance.

I suppose in a situation like that some fun would be in order. Once he see's he has brought a knife to a gun fight, I would be in control.

"Your clothes, ALL of them, strip them off and throw them in that dumpster, NOW!"

once he is standing there humiliated he will be free to go.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Who am I kidding?
    I'd scream," Aikido martial arts!" as I jump-flip-mule-kick him in the face. This would give me the milliseconds I'd need to back-flip-double-gainer to a pirouette while simultaneously hitting him with the throwing stars that I have strategically placed on my person. All the throwing stars would (of course) hit vital areas. As he lay there bleeding, I'd kick him in the nuts and steal his wallet.

That's how I roll...

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It would be a great opportunity to practice my Jedi Mind Control... "This is not the wallet you are looking for."

Seriously, I probably wouldn't be in the situation in the first place since I tend to avoid dark alleys. But if I ever was in this situation, I would probably grab my wallet, and "fumble" with it as I handed it over, eventually dropping it to the ground, prefferably just behind his feet. This would distract him enough for me to retreat to a safe distance and draw my gun.

IIRC, anyone weilding a knife within 21 feet is a deadly threat. By the time you draw and fire, you will very likely be injured yourself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom