• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    BS Bravado? Look just because some people do not know how to fight back even when a knife is at their neck does not mean all of us can not.
    If I am looking at the offender from the point of view in that photo, I will kill him with his own blade! Period! No false bravado or guessing here, I have been there and I survived by fighting back not being passive and hoping I didn't get hurt. Many years training and practice help tremedously!

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Disposable Heart. Thanks for sharing. Glad you lived to tell about it. I always enjoy the what would you do threads. Most guys wouldn't know what to do in an event like this. Heck some guys get nervous if a guy stands to close to them in a croweded restaurant let alone someone jumping them in a dark ally.

However if I was in this situation I would throw ninja stars will doing back flips away from the mugged until I am a safe distances away. I don't see a point in pulling a gun in a knife fight.:):

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    BS Bravado? Look just because some people do not know how to fight back even when a knife is at their neck does not mean all of us can not.
    If I am looking at the offender from the point of view in that photo, I will kill him with his own blade! Period! No false bravado or guessing here, I have been there and I survived by fighting back not being passive and hoping I didn't get hurt. Many years training and practice help tremedously!

No kidding! I spent years training with Diamond Dave and NOBODY is going to beat me, knife or otherwise. I've been there too, and survived...TWICE. Period! Bravado? Diamond Dave taught me the ways of the trailer park! They just think it's an ordinary can of chewing tobacco, but no says I...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Many years training and practice help tremedously!

Now this is the most intelligent thing I have heard in this thread. :yesway: I was a wimpy college student the two times I was jumped. No real training other than shooting a .38 as a kid with dad. No formal knife fighting, nothing. Heck, I had been in a few scrapes during high school, but nothing where deadly force was leveled at you.

Now? QUITE a few defensive classes, a couple of edged and improvised classes, etc... Now? I don't know. Who can? The situations are always different, nothing "textbook". But the outcome will be greatly changed when someone has proper training in defense. Could I still be killed? Most certainly. But they will have to get a piece! :D

The one thing I heard and kept with me after the second mugging was "Never be a victim, refuse to be a victim". THAT stuck with me.

I guess I overstepped by saying "bravado" but alot of "reactions" that people claimed to have had nothing to do with the situations I was in. My situation was different. Quite a few folks here on INGO have training and would do superbly, and definitely better than I. But a majority of folks fall into the sheep catagory or those who think higher of their skills after watching Steven Segal :D

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Now this is the most intelligent thing I have heard in this thread. :yesway: I was a wimpy college student the two times I was jumped. No real training other than shooting a .38 as a kid with dad. No formal knife fighting, nothing. Heck, I had been in a few scrapes during high school, but nothing where deadly force was leveled at you.

Now? QUITE a few defensive classes, a couple of edged and improvised classes, etc... Now? I don't know. Who can? The situations are always different, nothing "textbook". But the outcome will be greatly changed when someone has proper training in defense. Could I still be killed? Most certainly. But they will have to get a piece! :D

The one thing I heard and kept with me after the second mugging was "Never be a victim, refuse to be a victim". THAT stuck with me.

I guess I overstepped by saying "bravado" but alot of "reactions" that people claimed to have had nothing to do with the situations I was in. My situation was different. Quite a few folks here on INGO have training and would do superbly, and definitely better than I. But a majority of folks fall into the sheep catagory or those who think higher of their skills after watching Steven Segal :D

Yes, good training and practice do make all the difference. With training comes confidence and skill. If one does not have both then DO NOT ENGAGE IN hand to hand with a knife! Knife fighting is the most extreme close in combat you will face. Fast, deadly not for the untrained!

Disposableheart, you sound like one who has trained and has the mind set to fight and survive in a situation such as this. I hope for your sake and all others on this board they never have to experience this. If you do remember you are not going for a disable move! You go for a Kill and Kill only! The more you "dance" the worse your odds get!

Top Bottom