How's the weather up in northern Indiana today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a sweeper. I dump them in the woods, then mow over them until they virtually disappear which doesn't take much.

The snow will go away and it will dry off enough for one last grand leaf gather after the leaves are all down.

I have a sweeper. My dad and I used it for a couple years, but it was insufficient. It was better than raking, but in the back yard I couldn't get 1/10th of a circle before it would fill up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a sweeper. My dad and I used it for a couple years, but it was insufficient. It was better than raking, but in the back yard I couldn't get 1/10th of a circle before it would fill up.

Yeah, I get it. If you have a lot of trees, you need something that chops them up right away. The sweeper works for me as most of trees on on the perimeter and there's a fair chance the leaves will land in someone else's yard....of course I also have a 14 year old boy to operate it and I don't care how often he has to dump...but it's just under a cubic yard, so it's not too bad on him.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Ran out lunch here in Valpo. Just sloppy wet snow that is not really sticking too bad. High temp tomorrow morning is 17 @7am. Then back up to 31 on Wednesday. I mowed the lawn yesterday to pick up leaves. A lot of trees in our subdivision still have their leaves. Maybe not after this wet snow. Screw it I'm done with yard work for the season.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My yard isn't so big.
    But, I swear all the leave fall diagonally into my yard, and the fence holds them in.

Back when I'd rake them up, if I remember, it would take 20 to 30 cans of leaves each time I swept.
    I'd have to do that twice, or more.
    I got tired of that.

I tried rakes.
    I tried a blower.
    I tried the sweeper.
    Now I'm happy with the vacuum.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My yard isn't so big.
    But, I swear all the leave fall diagonally into my yard, and the fence holds them in.

Back when I'd rake them up, if I remember, it would take 20 to 30 cans of leaves each time I swept.
    I'd have to do that twice, or more.
    I got tired of that.

I tried rakes.
    I tried a blower.
    I tried the sweeper.
    Now I'm happy with the vacuum.

Yeah, it's mower, sweeper, blower and rakes. around here. Usually, I let it go for a long time, then do 2 or 3 big cleanups. We've done one, probably will only be a second one, no third.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    j1Mt2Cn.png

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The lake effect band is about 45 min away. The worst if it will be 8+ inches just into Michigan, north of Elkhart. Well, at least that's what they say now. But 8" is just another day up here. I'll be a little extra careful for the noobs and those who have forgot to drive when it gets slick out.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    And....the power is out. Well, looky there, after the power went out a pickup just now nailed the pole across the road.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe 1" to 1.5" in the Fort. I have already had enough snow for the season, bring on some global warming.

Looked at the extended forecast, calling for near 60 next week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep. 4ish inches on the table on my back deck, in Monroe County. Road crews and cops are pretty busy on the scanner app.

20191111-214849.jpg

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My back yard this morning near the Dunes National Park, kind of icy underneath:

Couple inches, but mainly blowing and drifting causing icy roads.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom