HR 7115 - Ban AR, 80% lower and parts kit builds???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Repub House when the Dems had the Senate and WH, passed hundreds of bills that never went any further... now it is the Dems turn. We have to wait and see if Trump becomes sympathetic. We know he seems to have a first instinct to sympathize and feel the need to do something. But then he either settles down or someone explains things to him.

Except for bumpstocks.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'd love to see a report on the numbers of home built guns used in crimes. I'm guessing the total number is pretty close to zero.

Your average street punk isn't going to spend the time or effort to build his own gun when he can trade a bag of weed for a Hi-Point.

But of course we all know these bills aren't about actually trying to prevent crime.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. I didn't realize Hi-Points had increased in value so much.

Back in the day, I heard you could trade a cement brick for one. The brick was more useful. ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Except for bumpstocks.
    Nope, they apparently couldn't talk him out of that one. So we have to sit here worrying every time there is another mass shooting and pray there isn't anything like Sandy Hook... I have no idea how he would react to that occurring under his watch.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This bill doesn't just infringe on second amendment rights, there are so some serious first amendment infringements included too.
    [video=youtube_share;GaG2uN7grVA]http://youtu.be/GaG2uN7grVA[/video]

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I'd love to see a report on the numbers of home built guns used in crimes. I'm guessing the total number is pretty close to zero.

I assume you're right. Funny enough, a cop that I am FB friends with posted a pic of a gun they recovered that was used in a crime recently. It was an 80% glock lower, with some sort of fancy looking aftermarket slide, threaded barrel, and no sights. :ar15:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I assume you're right. Funny enough, a cop that I am FB friends with posted a pic of a gun they recovered that was used in a crime recently. It was an 80% glock lower, with some sort of fancy looking aftermarket slide, threaded barrel, and no sights. :ar15:

Well, when your shooting style consists of holding the gun sideways over your head, sights aren't really important. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;UXf1IX-SF3s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXf1IX-SF3s[/video]

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    Wouldn't this law reclassify semi auto pistols as assault weapons?
    Only semiauto pistols that have certain characteristics.

The special features described in subsection (a)(3)(B)(ii) are—

(1) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
    (2) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
    (3) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
    (4) a second hand grip;
    (5) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
    (6) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

Top Bottom