• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So ... I keep seeing ads for HTM Knives staring at me from the backs of knife magazines at home.

They look great, especially the "torpedo" blade. They're a little on the smallish side (3.5 inch blades), but look like solid gear.

However, I've never seen one in person. Anyone have one? Comments? Thoughts?

Discuss!

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    I had an HTM Gunhammer, it was an exclusive run done for BladeForums. Green anodized aluminum handle, S90V blade were the unique features for that run.
    Mine was an unassisted "torpedo" blade flipper using the Maxx Glide bearings that HTM uses, super smooth opening. Never a half flip, always flipped to the lock position. The grind was a bit too toothy for a factory edge in my opinion. It would cut, but it wasn't paper cutting sharp. One common complaint about the Gunhammer specifically is that the tip of the blade, when the knife is closed, is sooooo close to the edge of the handle scale that you can easily catch clothes or the tip of a finger if you're not being careful.
    Overall I really liked the knife, but it wasn't for me, so I sold it. I'd own another HTM knife if it was up my alley.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A couple years ago my Brother was going on about a knife he wanted. It was the "Desert Enforcer" a Randal King design made by HTM. It was close to Christmas time and me being the kind brother I am, ordered him the knife he wanted for Christmas. When it showed up I opened up the box and checked it out. It was a very sweet knife and seemed very solid and well made. The handle was maybe a bit smallish but over all fit and finish were very nice with a useable factory edge. I liked it so much I considered keeping it and getting him something else for Christmas. But I didn't, I gave it to him and he was happy. It was a nice knife though.

Top Bottom