• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    7,000 FEMA, the Army, Dept of Defense, and local police all merged to practice the Federalized response to a 'worst-case scenario.'

This way local police can get used to taking orders from the Feds and the soldiers can be conditioned to working on & amongst the civilian population.

7,000 service members practice for worst-case scenario

MUSCATATUCK URBAN TRAINING COMPLEX, Ind. -- More than 7,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Department of Defense civilians are descending upon Camp Atterbury, the Muscatatuck Urban Training Complex, and various surrounding areas in Indiana, to execute DoD support to civil authorities in a consequence management role during the Vibrant Response 12 exercise.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    7,000 FEMA, the Army, Dept of Defense, and local police all merged to practice the Federalized response to a 'worst-case scenario.'

This way local police can get used to taking orders from the Feds and the soldiers can be conditioned to working on & amongst the civilian population.

7,000 service members practice for worst-case scenario

You do realize that the MUTC (Muscatatuck Urban Training Complex) and CAJMTC (Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center) both bring LOTS of Cash into the State when we host these Training Events...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    For heaven's sake. They have done this for the last several years since the training center came on-line. I've been part of it a couple of times. I don't remember any barbed wire camps being created.

Given how poorly coordinated the federal response I've seen is, I'm not too worried about it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For heaven's sake. They have done this for the last several years since the training center came on-line. I've been part of it a couple of times. I don't remember any barbed wire camps being created.

Given how poorly coordinated the federal response I've seen is, I'm not too worried about it.

Exactly...

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    There is alot to be worried about these days with the economy and overall growing civil unrest. However I think one of the last things we need to be worried about is our own military. I for one do not believe for a moment they could be turned against the citizens of the country they defend.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As Shibumiseeker said, these exercises have been going on for several years now, and are scheduled for three or four times a year into the future. The Army has similar training sites for desert warfare in California (similar in that various units rotate through there from year to year) and in Louisiana.

Let's not judge the capability of the FEMA portion of Homeland Security by the TSA and Border Patrol and ATFE portions of Homeland Security. It's taken a fair amount of time and OJT to work out the bugs, but FEMA, within the limits of its current authority, has a pretty good handle on responding to major disasters with resources and trained personnel - it just takes about 3 days to get them going and on site - which should be part of every local jurisdiction's emergency plan as well as our own plans.

As some people on this forum are aware, I was associated with Indiana's US&R Task Force for 10 years. Although I was no longer on the team in 2005, I had plenty of contact with TF members. They were staged just outside Louisiana before Katrina came ashore, along with 23 other teams, but they couldn't enter Louisiana until the state declared a disaster emergency and requested Federal Aid - which they delayed in doing for 24 hours. There were also 48 million MREs and a like amount of water staged to go into the disaster area as soon as they got the word. Mississippi had no trouble getting immediate assistance, but then, they did what they were supposed to do to get it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not a fan of Federalizing local police, no matter how frequently it is done, how many members have personally joined hands with the Feds, how many tax-dollars are redistributed to Indiana, etc. FEMA and DHS can both go abolish themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not comfortable with local cops being completely accustomed to being taken over by Federal agencies, and for soldiers to be accustomed to doing drills on the streets of America. I'm under no illusions that one Federal branch will be on my side while all others have been shown to gladly oppress Americans given the opportunity.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It can't happen here

General Patton had no problems commanding battle tanks on the streets of Washington DC to break up the "Bonus March" protesters in 1932.

And that was on his fellow veterans protesting for benefits.

This "it can't happen here" mentality is demonstrably false.

The Bonus Army

Four hundred infantry from the the 12th Infantry Regiment and two hundred cavalry from the 3rd Cavalry Regiment mobilized against the Bonus Army. The infantry attacked with sabers, bayonets and tear gas. Several Army trucks with machine guns and five or six tanks also moved against the veterans.

batk-300x217.jpg

Last edited:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    What the FED doesn't tell you:

They are secretly thrilled that the tin-foil hat crowd thinks the USGOV is competent and organized enough to have files on individuals. And that they have effective contingency plans.

They work hard to not let the truth get out.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We are heading for tough, tumultuous times. I don't particularly want the the Army+FEMA to efficiently know how to lock down my town, in the event of the right "crisis."

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    General Patton had no problems commanding battle tanks on the streets of Washington DC to break up the "Bonus March" protesters in 1932.

And that was on his fellow veterans protesting for benefits.

This "it can't happen here" mentality is demonstrably false.

The Bonus Army

batk-300x217.jpg

WOW I didnt know about that one, guess the history books left that one out for some reason.

We are heading for tough, tumultuous times. I don't particularly want the the Army+FEMA to efficiently know how to lock down my town, in the event of the right "crisis."

Im with you on that one. I mean what purpose would they need to lock down a town for? Lock down means trying to keep people in and not out.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    Lets not forget all those Fema / whatever that gave all that help in Katrina and were the first to confiscate the local gun owners guns so they could not defend themselves against the rioters thugs and gangs. The NRA had to file a lawsuit so that could get the guns back to the law abiding citizens. When it finally made it through court. They were give keys to simi trailers full of rusted useless guns that were not even marked as to who they belonged to and were worth little more than scrap prices.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pWLyaY2ip0A/ST9ou6DH10I/AAAAAAAAACo/jENlD9Ir6kE/s320/DSC_0016.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pWLyaY2ip0A/ST9ov3oMzKI/AAAAAAAAAC4/OICnDU9v2ao/s320/DSC_0067.JPG

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just a thought.........

Has anybody layed claim to the official INGO tinfoil hat concession? Perhaps it could be equipped with bungee cords to assist in knee-jerking!

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'm not a fan of Federalizing local police, no matter how frequently it is done, how many members have personally joined hands with the Feds, how many tax-dollars are redistributed to Indiana, etc. FEMA and DHS can both go abolish themselves as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not comfortable with local cops being completely accustomed to being taken over by Federal agencies, and for soldiers to be accustomed to doing drills on the streets of America. I'm under no illusions that one Federal branch will be on my side while all others have been shown to gladly oppress Americans given the opportunity.

I find this to be a little uncomfortably close to the "ban guns because guns hurt people" argument. Yes, a structure for coordinating local and federal forces can end up serving dictators, just as a gun, in the hand of the wrong person, can commit crime. But ultimately it's the person who kills, not the gun. It would seem to me we need to watch the government vigilantly so we can ensure democracy is functioning the way it's supposed to. Make sure the gun is in the hands of a good person. Otherwise where do we stop? Maybe disable telecommunication? Break up interstate highways? Destroy all federal computers because they could potentially contain a list of all citizens?

We do need to pool our resources together to do things that are too expensive for us to do individually: public safety, firefighting, education, etc. There is a legitimate purpose. What we need to watch for are abuses. DHS, for example, arrests people they identify as illegal aliens, put them in private prisons, deny them of habeas corpus and even medical care even in cases where the prisoner can pay for it. This is very disturbing to me. Human rights are the foundation of civil rights. Erosion of the human rights of illegal aliens will eventually lead to the erosion of the civil rights of citizens.

Similarly, look at Guantanomo. That's a place where the US has authority, yet no US law applies. I disagree with Rambone over the definition of the police state, but this is a good example of what a police state is: laws are ignored, altered, etc. to suit the arbitrary wishes of the policing authorities. We have to eliminate all these places of unjust incarceration. Really, these places worry me a lot more than SWAT no-knock warrants.

Da Bing

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Just what we need more federal personal running around the state. :popcorn: Oh wait. :welcome: :patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom