• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I don't have much experience with sharpening and certainly can't afford either of those systems. Do you think WorkSharp ken onion could do the trick?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Take it to a pro. What you have there is the equivalent to a car's crushed crumple zone. Not something you can just "buff out". A professional knife sharpener could make quick work of that without too much trouble. I know there are a few here that could knock that out for you.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Take it to a pro. What you have there is the equivalent to a car's crushed crumple zone. Not something you can just "buff out". A professional knife sharpener could make quick work of that without too much trouble. I know there are a few here that could knock that out for you.
    Anyone you recommend?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry, no. I just recall my time here seeing comments about so-and-so being at THIS site supporter doing sharpening, etc. Maybe check with some of those here that manufacture knives? They would have the skills and tools you need. This being INGO, Im sure it wont be long before someone pipes up to offer services.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've heard stories of other manufacturers (Kershaw) doing surprising things when you return damaged blades such as this to them.
    Might it be worth contacting Spyderco to see what they could do with it?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Spyderco co does not replace damaged blades unless there's a manufacturing defect. It's the one thing I hate about Spyderco. Wish they had a warranty like KAI (Kershaw, ZT, etc...).

Spyderco does have a sharpening service, though. If you needed to, you could send it to them, and they'll sharpen it for you.

If it were me, I'd take the opportunity to learn how to sharpen that little chip out. Diamond hones or a paper wheel would take that right out fairly easily.

I've heard stories of other manufacturers (Kershaw) doing surprising things when you return damaged blades such as this to them.
    Might it be worth contacting Spyderco to see what they could do with it?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was working on some stuff and was using my Spydie Delica 4. It got a huge knick in it. So mad at myself. How can I fix this? Is it irreparable? View attachment 36070

Contact Spyderco. They will fix or replace it for you, but I think how much it will cost will depend on if it's your fault or a defect in the knife.

If you bought from Brad, contact him.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My friend uhhh..... damaged... my Spyderco Endura once. I emailed Spyderco and they offered me 35% off a new knife. I went another route and had tyler34 reprofile the blade. Worked out pretty good.

2q86jia.jpg

w0kncx.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't have much experience with sharpening and certainly can't afford either of those systems. Do you think WorkSharp ken onion could do the trick?

I think the Ken Onion Work Sharp looks pretty cool, and is a big improvement over the original. Personally, I like a convex edge. But read up on them versus a flat bevel, and decide what works best for you.

Nova 512 has a great reputation on here, although I haven't personally used his services. I have a knife that was worked over by member Phylodog, who did a great job on it. I used to have Tyler34 do work for me when I felt like it was out of my comfort zone, but I haven't heard from him in quite some time and know he had some serious health problems arise.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That has somebody cut into a live wire written all over it. Had the same thing happen to a brand new pair of Klein Diagonal cutters. Mine accident was from a...... uh..... friend too. Not as costly as the knife but they were about $35 and not repairable. Never trust a fart, and never trust someone that says the power is off.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    that isn't hard. You could fix that no problem if you just take your time and work it out. Or just don't worry about it and as you regularly sharpen it will work itself out gradually each time.

Honestly It will still cut fine till it hits the chip. no big deal. use it like it's already broken lol

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That has somebody cut into a live wire written all over it. Had the same thing happen to a brand new pair of Klein Diagonal cutters. Mine accident was from a...... uh..... friend too. Not as costly as the knife but they were about $35 and not repairable. Never trust a fart, and never trust someone that says the power is off.

In my many of year of being an electrician I have never done such damage to my tools.

The knife can be fixed.

Pride and trust when an arc fault to the face...not so easy.

The power is always on.

The gun is always loaded.

Till YOU check it clear. Twice.

Top Bottom