• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Indy Gun Club got a 2500lb shipment of pistol and rifle powder in today. Get you some powder before the hoarders buy it all up.

Powders I seen:
    H110
    W296
    WST
    Titegroup
    Titewad
    700X

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    powder

Indy Gun Club got a 2500lb shipment of pistol and rifle powder in today. Get you some powder before the hoarders buy it all up.

Powders I seen:
    H110
    W296
    WST
    Titegroup
    Titewad
    700X

Well, if the hoarders didn't know about it before they certainly do now. Since I have 23 lbs of Titegroup on hand I don't need to hurry over to Indiana. Now if I can just stock up a little for reloading .45 ACP I'll be in good shape.

Just so folks know, IGC isn't open every day. They will next be open on Friday.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well, if the hoarders didn't know about it before they certainly do now. Since I have 23 lbs of Titegroup on hand I don't need to hurry over to Indiana. Now if I can just stock up a little for reloading .45 ACP I'll be in good shape.

Just so folks know, IGC isn't open every day. They will next be open on Friday.

Hoarders.........

23 lbs of Titegroup.........

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Personally I don't care if you're a hoarder. I'm just glad you're not a flipper or gouger. I just thought it was humorous that you were calling some one a hoarder and then said you had 23# of a single powder. It's even funnier that you said that you have had it for over 18 months. Congrats on being well prepared. Didn't mean to offend you it just makes me laugh when people complain about hoarders and then talk about how large of a supply of the somewhat same item that they have.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    Wow..

I understand why the OP posted this, but as was stated people like "nurse bell" are gonna be buying that crap up to flip for an insane amount.

Let's see, she sells powder for $50 a pound and charges $19 for shipping. Doesn't add up to the usual HazMat fee, do you think she ships this legally? Somebody should put her out of business.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Soooooo, is it hoarding if I shoot on average 1,000 to 1,500 rounds per week, I don't plan to sell any of it, and I've had it for over 18 months ? Please provide your definition of hoarder.

Signed,

The Pot

23 pounds of powder equals 161,000 grains of powder. If you're using 4.5 grains of TG per load, that's 35,777 loads. If you honestly shoot 1,250 rounds per week, that's only about 6 months or so of powder.

I would not call that hoarding, I would call that being prepared. I would also say that shooting 1,250 rounds per week is a lot of shooting, but more power to ya! :)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Powders I seen:
    H110
    W296
    WST
    Titegroup
    Titewad
    700X

Have heard that the WST is pretty good in 45acp. Is it worth trying out? Can anyone say what it might be similar too? Like W231, AA#5 or 700x.

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    23 pounds of powder equals 161,000 grains of powder. If you're using 4.5 grains of TG per load, that's 35,777 loads. If you honestly shoot 1,250 rounds per week, that's only about 6 months or so of powder.

I would not call that hoarding, I would call that being prepared. I would also say that shooting 1,250 rounds per week is a lot of shooting, but more power to ya! :)

If he's using 23 grains per shotgun shell, which is not out of the question, that's only 7,000 shells. That's an average of less than 150 per week. I shoot once, sometimes twice a week, and have shot almost that much each of the last two years.

Top Bottom