• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Also an increase in intensity.

I thought argument was: Everyone who wants to do drugs already does, so legalization will not result in increased users. :rolleyes:

Also, since the spike is in teen use, I wonder how many of them will become dropouts and require public assistance that wouldn't otherwise have happened?

Also, an interesting comment at the end of the clip about pot smoking and impaired driving. We already have enough of a problem with drunk drivers, so I guess the argument would be: Who cares if a few more impaired people are causing vehicle fatalities? :rolleyes:

Most of you already know my position: Eliminate public assistance for drug users as a condition for legalization, and stiffen penalties for impaired drivers up to and including the death penalty for killing innocent people with your impaired behavior (alcohol or drugs).

Also, I'm sure we'll see a reduction in the Colorado police drug units now that pot has been legalized. That's what I keep hearing from legalization proponents, so I'm sure we'll see that happen in CO pretty soon. :rolleyes:

I bet public schools have become better places now too. :rolleyes:

Drug Testing Company Sees Spike In Kids Using Marijuana « CBS Denver

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Lets take a deep breath, wait a few months, and see if the sky actually falls.

One thing I would expect though, according to the legalization arguments, is an immediate reduction of police drug units. I don't know the exact percentages, but I'd bet arrests for pot are at least 1/4th to 1/3rd of their activity.

So, shouldn't we be seeing a 25-33% reduction in police drug units?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    One thing I would expect though, according to the legalization arguments, is an immediate reduction of police drug units. I don't know the exact percentages, but I'd bet arrests for pot are at least 1/4th to 1/3rd of their activity.

So, shouldn't we be seeing a 25-33% reduction in police drug units?

Fewer customers for Magpul and ammo, since as citizens they won't be able to own the toys the Legislature is banning to other Coloradans.

Top Bottom