• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Anyone watching this series? Im thinking it may have first aired earlier this year but National Geographic is running it as it's just being aired. WOW, this show is incredible. If you havent watched an episode, I suggest setting your DVR to record the shows when they come on- Sunday evening.

A few of my favorites,

The Mongolian Eagle Hunters- A teenage boy is taken out by his father to steal a young eagle from the nest, he then trains it to hunt. (Hunt a fox in the episode)

Don't remember where it was but another was somewhere in the artic. They build an igloo to stay warm while waiting for low tide. The water leaves out from under the ice, they use a ladder to drop down under the ice and they collect muscle's. How people managed to learn this is awesome.

One other was in the grasslands/forrests episode. An father is teaching his daughter how to build natural bridges. They build a path that the tree roots grow on. Over time it forms a natural living bridge out of tree roots.

Anyway, enough blabbing.....it's a must see! :rockwoot:

**MODS** This might be better suited in The Great Outdoors. I apologize.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Saw the eagle one a while back. Caught the artic and grassland/jungle one yesterday. The dudes who walked up on a pack of lions with only a bow and scared them off to steal the wildebeast was wild! As was the tree-house that the jungle folks built 200 feet off the ground!

The aucks that were purposedly rotted for months in a sealskin doesn't exactly sound like an appetising lunch at the moment though.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    This show is definitely one to watch if you have the chance. I agree with Stubbleducker. The African guys stealing food from the lions had some balls (and probably a lack of judgment - why not just use that bow to get your own food?!). The water environments episode was really cool too. Interesting to see how other cultures live.

Top Bottom