• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Out of IMPULSE, I bought a BERSA Series 95 .380 Pistol tonight!
    What should I expect for $200 & change??????:dunno:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Hmmmmmmm sounds about right to me. No experiance myself with them. Only one way to find out. Give us a range report when you get back.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had pretty good luck with a few Bersa's I have owned. Mine have been Thunders or Thunder Plus. I also had a .45 that was very nice. I am not familiar with the model you bought.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The mags are compatible with the current Thunder 380 series, FWIW, according to the Bersa FAQ.

zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    Shot my friends Bersa once, worked fine for me. I think the fire arm realm is SOOO big name brand fan boys that the few smaller companies can get a bad name.

Don't get my wrong i'll carry my 19 Everyday because of reliability, but for a range gun or something to have fun with I think you made a great choice!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Shot my friends Bersa once, worked fine for me. I think the fire arm realm is SOOO big name brand fan boys that the few smaller companies can get a bad name.

Don't get my wrong i'll carry my 19 Everyday because of reliability, but for a range gun or something to have fun with I think you made a great choice!
    I have to agree, a few years ago I was at a gun show and walked by a table with several new Jennings 22 handguns marked $60. As I passed I remarked to the vendor, I'd pay $50 for one and started walking away. He said "Hey give me your pink slip". So I bought it (didn't really have any intention to pick one up but...), anyhow a couple guys saw me buy it and said some of these are pretty picky about ammo and some of the clips won't feed. Ok, I thought - I'll just see, bought about 4 different boxes of 22LR from CCI to Russian ammo. Stopped on the way home and shot it at one of my son's place in the country. That thing ate every round I tried - the low vel ammo went pop, the CCI went bang - I even mixed them in the clips. It is amazingly accurate for iron sights with about a 2 1/2" sight radius. Still have the gun shot it a few times since, but it bears out your statement that not every "cheap" gun is worthless. I think we (my youngest son and I collect together) have a Bersa or two also, really can't say any of the guns I have are "bad", although my EDC is a Colt 45 Double Eagle.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have to agree, a few years ago I was at a gun show and walked by a table with several new Jennings 22 handguns marked $60. As I passed I remarked to the vendor, I'd pay $50 for one and started walking away. He said "Hey give me your pink slip". So I bought it (didn't really have any intention to pick one up but...), anyhow a couple guys saw me buy it and said some of these are pretty picky about ammo and some of the clips won't feed. Ok, I thought - I'll just see, bought about 4 different boxes of 22LR from CCI to Russian ammo. Stopped on the way home and shot it at one of my son's place in the country. That thing ate every round I tried - the low vel ammo went pop, the CCI went bang - I even mixed them in the clips. It is amazingly accurate for iron sights with about a 2 1/2" sight radius. Still have the gun shot it a few times since, but it bears out your statement that not every "cheap" gun is worthless. I think we (my youngest son and I collect together) have a Bersa or two also, really can't say any of the guns I have are "bad", although my EDC is a Colt 45 Double Eagle.

I also picked one up for fifty and it was terrible. I tried everything to get that thing to run and it just wouldnt. You would be better off throwing it at someone. I sold it to sum bum for seventy five and laughed all the way back to the bank.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Hey nice job on the Bersa. The bersa thunder 380 was my first EDC and I loved it except for the power of the 380. My grandfather bought it from me when I moved to my Glock. Congrats on a good purchase and I think you will really enjoy it.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I have owned 3 Bersa Thunder CC's. Just picked up the 3rd one yesterday, have not had a chance to shoot it yet! Never had a problem with the two that I have shot!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I also picked one up for fifty and it was terrible. I tried everything to get that thing to run and it just wouldnt. You would be better off throwing it at someone. I sold it to sum bum for seventy five and laughed all the way back to the bank.

Yeah, well the bum was laughing too, because he'd just seen the same gun priced at $399.95 at Don's!

Top Bottom