• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Well i was putting off work this morning, crusing through some gun classifieds when I came across a FEG Hi power copy for a sweet price. Next thing I know I was meeting the guy. Seems like a pretty nice gun. But I'm looking for as much info as i can get on it. Parts look interchangable with a Browning HP, as well as mags. I was told my gun was a 1999 manufacture. It is in fine shape, and I really like the way it points and handles. I think it's time to put some serious rounds through it. Any comments. tips, advice, opinions are very welcome.

0927000956.jpg

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I owned one a few years ago ,Was accurate ,reliable & If I remember correctly browning high power mags worked with it.Regret parting with it but was during the import ban from communist countries & was made a nice offer I couldnt turn down

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    First gun I purchased when I turned 21. Carried it for about a year. They are nice HiPower clones. It should accept browning mags and grips, maybe some other parts. Good shooter, sights are small and hard to pickup, reliable. I liked mine, but sold it because my buddies made fun of it. Missed it and years later bought a Browning HiPower. Congrats on buying a good pistol.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Great guns for the money. Pretty much similar (as long as they are the HP ones, not the semi-Smith ones that are floating around out there). The HP mags do fit. Only issue on one I had was the feedramp was a bit rough, smoothed it up with emery cloth and jeweler's rouge. Very accurate, low recoil weapons, paired with KRD mags (19 rounders), thin and easy to carry, makes for a safe night on the town.

Some of the ones I have horsed with (a variety), one had a triple lugged barrel instead of the BHP two. Weird. Also, the sights were regulated funky, all over the place in regards to bullet weight and such. 25 yards, one hit about 6 inches high. Another, 4 inches low, same ammo.

Outside of that, great guns. After a sight change (call up and get some Novak action!), they are more than worth it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Put a pair of wood grips on it and they can look good. I ended up trading mine away... for some reason, we just never connected. I don't regret it but there was certainly nothing wrong with the gun. Kinda like the ex-girlfriend that you broke up with, though you have nothing bad to say. Just no sparks between us. ;)

Enjoy.

IMG_4305.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Nice FEG. I messed with one in the past and from what I saw..factory Browning grips wouldn't work on the frame without some modification. Also I don't know if it's because the feed ramp wasn't polished or throated..but it wouldn't chamber JHP let alone fire them reliably. Still nice looking gun you got there.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Be sure to post a range report, I've thought about buying one before but never committed. I've got one Browning HP, along with 2 clones of other manufacture, wouldn't mind picking up another especially if they can be had for that price!

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    $200 U.S. currency. I jumped pretty quick on it, but from what I hear that price is about average.

Ummm, that's NOT average. Not for about 5 years at least. Check Gunbroker, and I bet you'll see MUCH higher prices. You did VERY good at $200. They are nice guns, the only reason I got rid of mine was that I had a similarly sized gun (Taurus 92) that had a better safety and trigger.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I have one of these just like the one in the original pic. that I forgot about till I saw this thread!:dunno: I would be willing to part with it for a good trade.:)

Top Bottom