• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris387

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Just south of Indy
    I was under the impression that hunter education is free, but after completing it at hunter-ed.com, I'm being told to pay for a registration to get the certificate. Was it supposed to be free online, in-person, or not free at all? :dunno:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You probably got that idea because they say it's free to register if taking the course online... There will be a fee after all is completed and before you receive the certificate and card...

Once you pass the final exam and go to print your certificate, the fee will be $19.50... Son just completed the online course and he got his permanent card in the mail maybe 10 days after paying...

Have no clue what the fee is if taking the course in person.

Last edited:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Cutting Edge is having one today, I was in there a couple days ago and Tom said its free but they do take donations because they feed everyone also. They had around 100 people registered

memphis_125

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    They are free. I went to the one in Terre Haute over the weekend. I have been hunting for several years and went because my step-son needed to take it but I learned a lot.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    When my daughter did the online thing a few years ago, online WAS free. Looks like there's a fee now. For those of you who have gone through the newer online experience, is it outsourced now?

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    You probably got that idea because they say it's free to register if taking the course online... There will be a fee after all is completed and before you receive the certificate and card...

Once you pass the final exam and go to print your certificate, the fee will be $19.50... Son just completed the online course and he got his permanent card in the mail maybe 10 days after paying...

Have no clue what the fee is if taking the course in person.

Indiana DNR Hunters Education Course Links: Active Programs - Indiana.

Hunters Education classes are 100% volunteer driven... I took the it again this spring (originally done back in mid-80's) as course requirements for MCFG Membership... My 8 & 10 yr old sons sat in as anyone born after 1985 has to have course to even buy a hunting license in Indiana... Several different instructors covered what you needed for the Test (Free Same Day) as well as done some very nice demos from Bows to handguns and muzzle loaders.

Was a very well spent Saturday only cost to us was Gas to drive to Noblesville, and our Lunch from Burger King during break...

Top Bottom