• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just found out about this PS90 threaded barrel shroud that Huntertown is making.

Huntertown Arms - Suppressors for everyone - warrantied beyond life

Looks really cool and with the super long delays we are starting to look at for Form 1s, plus the expense of barrels, I'm leaning against SBRing my PS90 anyway, so this would be a pretty good way to turn it into a suppressor host.

Anyone know any more details on when it will be available (if Steve from HTA wants to chime in, that would be fanstastic)? Also, what sort of gunsmithing would this require? It doesn't appear to be too much, from the video I saw that Full Auto made.

Steve, if you see this, will HTA offer any installation packages for the shrouds?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They are in distribution and available now. We recommend a competent and qualified gunsmith install since you have to drill out the existing roll pin, and drill a hole off-center for a new one (if desired). Probably requires a mill to do it properly, as most drills (even drill presses) would tend to walk.

We don't have the capacity to install them (still trying to get caught up on backorders), but there are several great gunsmiths on InGo that could do it.

You'll love it. I really like mine with my Kestrel 22 (shameless plug). It makes the platform usable IMHO. And at just $189 retail, it's less than the cost of a tax stamp for an SBR.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Excellent. Thanks guys!

I'm hitting up the dealer I've normally dealt with for NFA gunsmithing (ZR Tactical). If they can't do it, I'll reach out another Indy dealers.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got my shroud and had it installed (thanks to menzzer37 aka ZR Tactical Solutions for that). It looks great and I can't wait until the stamp comes back on my Kestrel 556.

Quick question though, the threading appears to be really tight. Or maybe a better way to explain what I'm saying is that it maybe is it a bit wider in diameter than you would expect for a 1/2x28 thread? I tried putting a thread protector on as well as a YHM Phantom flash hider, and after I get them half way threaded on, it becomes almost impossible to thread them further by hand. I could wrench them down (well, I can wrench down the YHM Phantom, since it has flat sides), but I'm a bit worried about not being able to get them back off if I do that. My AR and my Alliance Armaments AMP10 upper get pretty tight as well, but only on the very last few turns. But I can still still almost half of the thread exposed when I hit that point on the new PS90 shroud.

Are they normally that tight (and maybe loosen up after you thread something on there and off again a few times) or is it possible my threading might be a bit off/too wide?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Actually answered my own question tonight. I was doing some work on my Rock River Tactical Operator and decided to swap out the factory break with that YHM Phantom. After I put the Phantom on the AR, I figured "what the hell" and decided to try the old factory one on the PS90.

Sure enough, it threaded on much easier and needed only a little bit of torque at the very end to get it aligned properly. So, it must have been a combo of a brand new barrel shroud with brand threads coupled with a brand new muzzle break with brand new threads.

Top Bottom