• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Seriously, It is not illegal to spotlight. I have read rules and spoken with dnr. What is wrong with some of you people? The Indiana Hunting & Trapping Guide is not the holy bible of the outdoor world. On page 7 of the Deer regulations sub sec Spotlighting: It is illegal for the purpose of taking or attempting to take a deer. Or, while in possesion of a firearm or bow. That is it. That is the only rule period. If you don't believe me call this # and ask 812-334-3795 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This rule also does not apply to all deprodation permits. (ask about that if you would like) If you are spotlighting without a firearm or bow and not attempting to take any deer it is all right all of the time. If you have a special permit from the Dnr you might be able to use a spot light to help take a deer. You would still not be doing anything wrong. You can argue, bicker, whaterver you want.. Call the # and find out. The rules are the rules. Know them or get into trouble. Let it go.
    my point exactly .....alot people spot light, and it "LEGAL"..Ty

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    :wtf: .....only if you have a firearm with you then you "CAN NOT" spot light.....read the rules!!!
    My post was regarding the use of a spot light to take deer with depradation permits,for which you cannot . It is illegal to use a spotlight to take deer in any fashion.You can legally spotlight deer but you cannot have a weapon in your possesion.

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    need a reason to buy another gun you got it! there are approx.3 different ways you can go. (1)take the choke off of the gun you have been using for the birds, buy some slugs and find yourself a range to target shoot load your existing shotgun that you own and fire at a target using a rest at a predetermined distance" how far do you really need to shoot on your farm? (2) Buy that slug barrel. (3) best for last"buy yourself a new gun. If you like older style guns such as winchester lever actions get one in 45 cal. or what you would prefer. Your distance you will be shooting will determine what caliber you should buy. Been hunting deer for 50 yrs. now tired and retired. wish you luck!

Bear1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Kokomo
    If you are looking for more hunters for your fields I am taking my wife out this year for the first time and would love to be able to have her go somewhere that is not over populated with hunters.

Top Bottom