• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Archery as well as the late antlerless both run through Jan 7th.

If you guys are bowhunting in this weather I give you a TON of credit. When I bundle up enough to be comfortable on stand in sub zero temps there is no way I could pull the string back to anchor with my recurve.

It's funny how your standards lower in the last week. The buck I missed was smaller than a lot of bucks I passed in early season. The temperature makes the trophy this week!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Archery as well as the late antlerless both run through Jan 7th.

If you guys are bowhunting in this weather I give you a TON of credit. When I bundle up enough to be comfortable on stand in sub zero temps there is no way I could pull the string back to anchor with my recurve.

I would love to be out one more time with the bow but with these temps, I don't think I can pull it back. When I was out before Christmas, the temps were in the 20's and I would have been able too. Trying to take a late season buck with bow is still on my wish list. The snow would make it even more memorable.

Were you able to work your dog this year? My old boy isn't able to get out anymore. I miss that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    5o8ght.jpg

Yep, it's cold outside.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I went out for a while stalking today mid day. Spotted 3 that were bedded in the bottom of a ravine then saw 5 come out to a cut bean field. Was hoping for a shot in the field but the wind wasn’t in my favor and they busted me. Oh well, it was nice to get back out to the woods since we had a heat wave today!!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Didn't get to camp this weekend, but we did get out Saturday, and it was without a doubt, the coldest morning I've ever deer hunted.

Not sure what the temp was, but I wasn't able to eat any of the lunch I packed, since it was frozen solid by the time I tried to eat it, and the water bottle that was room temp when I left home was almost solid as well. I was surprised at how comfortable I stayed, though, thanks to modern man-made fibers, the boot blankets that look ridiculously huge, but do keep your feet warm, and to the 16 or so hand-warmers that I ended up using in various places. I did get a button buck, first time I've ever shot a youngster, but when it's your last day out, and it's 2pm, and you really want one more deer, you shoot it.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I arrowed a doe last week. Went out to debone her last night and was only able to get 1/3 off, got some more thawing to do.

Mine had been hanging in an un-heated garage since Saturday and I boned it out on Wednesday. None of it was frozen, but my hands were pretty cold by the time I got it done.

Top Bottom