Hunting squirrels near NWI. Where should I go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I'm not necessarily new to squirrel hunting, but I am VERY new to hunting on public grounds. Everywhere I've hunted in the past were always on private property. These options are no longer available so I now must find some new spots open to the public. Any advice on where to go?

I have a 20ga and 12ga shotgun, but I would rather use my Savage .22 or Ruger 22/45 if that helps in your suggestions.

And remember, the more specific, the better. I'm not asking you to reveal your "top secret spots", but if there's a certain area of a place like Kingsbury or Jasper-Pulaski that is particularly good for squirrel, let me know! :D

Thanks!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    seriously anywhere in Jasper polaski, they are like tree rats there. I find that the best luck is had the closest to the no hunting zones. but as long as you go on a weekday, you should have a fine harvest.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Some guys go to Kankakee FWA, come in off of Route 8 into the north property I think it is 500 or 600 (gravel road only goes to the south). Hit the T and go left, and you are on the north side of the river. follow all the way back to the back parking lot and start walking. They are all over!

Top Bottom