• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oppugnall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    The links were provided 3 weeks ago. Do we know current stage of progress that this bill is at..? I would like to follow its progress. I dont normally follow bills through state house, thus dont know how I could..

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I really hope this gos through. I am wondering whey there is any difference between deer and turkey compared to other game animals?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    More temptation to poach them? So they're putting extreme punishment on people that would use a suppressor for their already illegal poaching.

Yeah, it is pretty reasonable. If you are caught breaking the law with a sound reduction device, I imagine it could only be fair to add a firearms violation on top of the poaching charge. I see nothing wrong with it.

Kind of like if you commit a crime with body armor, the charges go up.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Just slapped a Nikon P-22 2x7 on the .22 sbr and dialed her in real quick at 50yds and put em all in an inch. It was whispering in my ear how much it would love to go squirrel hunting this fall.

Here's to hoping this gets passed!
    2013-02-01_11-54-23_556_zps48cb39b0.jpg

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    From the NRA-ILA today "House Bill 1563 was reported unanimously by the House Natural Resources Committee. HB 1563 now goes to the full House of Representatives where it could be scheduled for consideration"

Contact your Representative & tell them to support this bill!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What is really sad to me in this whole conversation is that in industry, if something is too loud, it is bad.

A gun is too loud. Suppressors do not silence a gun, but do protect your hearing. If this was any other reality, suppressors on guns would be manditory. I swear that our Federal government is intentionally making guns more dangerous just so that they "have an excuse."

just my 2 cents.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Just because you can does not mean you should!

I have hunted for 20+ years without a suppressor, and I cannot recall any situation where one would have benefited me in harvesting game. Just my opinion but this is a over indulgence of wants....

Z Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Just because you can does not mean you should!

I have hunted for 20+ years without a suppressor, and I cannot recall any situation where one would have benefited me in harvesting game. Just my opinion but this is a over indulgence of wants....
    Clearly you've answered "No" to at least one of these:
    1. Do you value your ability to hear?
    2. Do you wish to for the ability to hear your game without human-wearable hearing protection?

Back on topic...
    This is great news! I guess it's finally time to for me to buy a suppressor!

Top Bottom