• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Fifth-Third. Used the one at Co Line and 31, Smith Valley and Averitt, 86th/Trader's Point, and sometimes Southport. I OC to all of these.

Considering moving to PNC. I've OC'd to the big one on Main St and ... Madison I think. Also at 86th/Trader's Point.

I've been thinking of leaving PNC because most branches around me have the metal detector security doors. The closest branch to me is 38th and Central. You couldn't pay me to go in there unarmed, so I usually end up driving to Keystone Ave. our Broad Ripple just to hit the ATM.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been thinking of leaving PNC because most branches around me have the metal detector security doors. The closest branch to me is 38th and Central. You couldn't pay me to go in there unarmed, so I usually end up driving to Keystone Ave. our Broad Ripple just to hit the ATM.

Hmm... good to know. Maybe I'll inquire with PNC corporate on their "official" stance.

kalrez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    NW Indianapolis, IN
    I am thinking about leaving PNC also. When I visited the 79th and Michigan branch and asked about licensed concealed carry and getting through the security doors, they cheerfully stated that if you're carrying, they simply won't let you in.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    PNC also charged me an over draft fee for when I transferred my own money from my checking account to savings, (monthly auto transfer I forgot about) but that's a whole other thread.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Sounds like 5/3 has a pretty good reputation for being firearm friendly. What's their corporate policy?

Some 5/3 branches have the security doors.

My local branch doesn't have them... thankfully!
    All the tellers know me pretty well as I run a business and go there quite often. They know I'm always looking out for there safety as well as mine. They have thanked me before when I asked about something suspisious.

They've had several robberies over the years, so I'm always a little more alert while I'm there. To date, I'm told they've caught each person that held them up. You'd think they'd learn! 5/3 isn't the place to be holding up!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    She must have been a transfer from a Maximum Security Branch.... :n00b:
    Sorry, I love saying that.
    I know what you mean and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she was from one of those branch locations.
    Boost Lee said:
    It's unbelievable to think that there is a uniformed deputy that banks with them that removes his duty belt before entering their branch.

Logic lost. :)
    :lmfao: geez. I remember you talking about that. It's still hard to believe. I guess some people don't mind the "extra security" that much.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Had to make a run to Indy a few days ago, and a friend asked me to run an errand to their bank branch. Sure thing.

The branch wasn't in what I would consider to be the best of areas, so I was glad I was armed, but I stayed in the truck while Sockmonkey ran inside real quick. Walking around outside the building was an armed security guard.

As he approached where I was parked, I leaned out the window and asked him how many times he counted the steps around the building. He answered that it was 160 yards around. He then said that if he didn't go home all sweaty at night, he didn't feel that he'd done his job.

As he started his circle again, I told him to stay safe. IIRC this was a Huntington branch. I was OCing at the time, but that didn't matter. There were large letters on the front window of the building that said that there was always an armed guard around while the branch was open.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    She either knew the law and was harrasing you or very stupid....I say stupid myself. What if you were a criminal with a gun....how many smart people would of approached said person and question them about it......? Was she blonde by chance?
    I don't think it is stupidity as much as it is ignorance. I constantly talk to people that don't know anything about firearms, and when they find out I carry all the time, they think that is scarry. Why do you have so many guns? Because I like them. So many people are clueless. Like someone else said, they are brain washed into thinking gun = bad. I have no idea what my CU's policy is on firearms. I CC, so it never comes up. Where are all you guys that OC? I finally saw someone in Meijer OC a month or so ago. He was a great big guy, with a M&P strapped right acrossed his chest. I stopped him and told him I thought it was great and asked him if he was an INGO member. He had never heard of INGO. :dunno: I told him he should check it out. Good luck with the Bank thing. If I couldn't carry in my CU. I would find some place different.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can tell you that Huntington doesn't have a no weapon policy in their banks. The branches with the secured vestibles are different. Those have a no weapons policy. If you have a question on which ones have the secure vestibles just PM me.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Had to make a run to Indy a few days ago, and a friend asked me to run an errand to their bank branch. Sure thing.

The branch wasn't in what I would consider to be the best of areas, so I was glad I was armed, but I stayed in the truck while Sockmonkey ran inside real quick. Walking around outside the building was an armed security guard.

As he approached where I was parked, I leaned out the window and asked him how many times he counted the steps around the building. He answered that it was 160 yards around. He then said that if he didn't go home all sweaty at night, he didn't feel that he'd done his job.

As he started his circle again, I told him to stay safe. IIRC this was a Huntington branch. I was OCing at the time, but that didn't matter. There were large letters on the front window of the building that said that there was always an armed guard around while the branch was open.

What branch were you at?

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You handled this very well, I probably would not have been so polite. In my opinion it would be like asking her if she worked for Verizon because she was carrying a new phone. She would have thought your was just as ignorant as we all know she is.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I can tell you that Huntington doesn't have a no weapon policy in their banks. The branches with the secured vestibles are different. Those have a no weapons policy. If you have a question on which ones have the secure vestibles just PM me.

This is what I was saying - the one's that have been locations of armed robberies - get the secured vestibules. - I was told that is corporate policy ... :dunno:

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    QUOTE=88GT 4280734]So you felt it necessary to voice your opinion here instead? How does that make sense? :n00b:

Uh..I don't know if I "felt it necessary to voice my opinion" anywhere, but I did. I never thought I'd be questioned about that ability..apparently I was wrong.

Last edited:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I looked into that thread..and seeing that it was 186 pages long, decided that my opinion either had already been told, or rebutted, so there was nothing I could add to it. To each his own :cool:
    awsome...+1 many people choose to ignore the thread and continue a debate anyways :)

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    Over here in Terre Haute, I haven't had much of an issue with first, although I CC so it's not a huge deal, I'm not sure anyone has ever noticed. They did and do let me bring in my husky pup when I'm doing stuff so she doesn't have to sit in a hot car. I started doing that when I could put her on the counter and hold her there. She's 55lbs now!:D

I digress though... 5/3 seems to also have a pretty good policy about guns although the one over on 3rd and Ohio does have a "No Guns" sign. All the others seem to be fine with it.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is what I was saying - the one's that have been locations of armed robberies - get the secured vestibules. - I was told that is corporate policy ... :dunno:

Kind of true. Heres the deal. A couple years ago I was working Corporate Security for another bank and Huntington had a robbery that resulted in a teller being shot and she lost the twins that she was pregnant with. Shortly after they added the secure vestibles to around 11 or so branches. Most of them were in areas of previous armed robberies or higher risk. The branches with the secure vestibles have a no weapons policy and if the customers dont like that they can choose to go through the drive through, use the ATM or go to another branch. I've personally seen these doors stop armed robberies so they work. :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom