• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I cannot talk about how much cash my bank customers have, but that makes no sense.

They are either lazy or had a run. I'm pretty sure they have to have x on hand, but with the holidays, granny might have cleaned them out........

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You practically have to give DNA and sacrifice your first born to get a check deposited and heaven forbid you want to withdraw any of what you're depositing. You have to wait x days for it to clear, yada, yada, yada.

I made withdrawals and deposits with many 10's of thousands of dollars from my bank and never an eye batted at the branch I usually go to. I opened a new account at Lafayette Bank and Trust and deposited a very large check at the opening. It took forever to get waited on and you would have thought the CIA was going to fast rope in and interrogate us for terrorism.

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    I work for a financial services company. We sent a check in the approximate amount of $41.600.00 to a customer of ours. He deposited it into Hungington and they only credited his account with $1,600. So he had to get a check copy from us to send to them to prove that they left the 4 off the amount. Sounded like they dropped the ball and didn't feel like fixing their mistake. I will never bank with them either.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    This hits a really sore spot with me.

The bank provides a service to me and I understand that, but as the customer I should not be told what I can and cannot do with my own money.

A peson should not have to call ahead to be able to take his cash out of the bank.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I took out a loan for 5k, and was told after the transaction that I would need to go to a different branch in order to recieve my money. I was astounded, but had no choice. That coupled with the metal detectors, and I'm now trying to convince my wife to change banks.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    The reason they don't keep alot of cash on hand is to avoid a bank-run. If everyone showed up at the same time to empty their account, the bank would collapse.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I bank at PNC ad even when I lived by Kokomo I never had an issue withdrawing large amounts of cash. I also collect the old windup phonographs (yes, I am a geek!) and when the rare ones surface, you have to move fast. I have been known to work the deal out, go to the bank without any prior contact and pull $8K, $10K or even $12K out without issue.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I've done business with a lot of different banks and they can all produce the demanded cash, but nearly all request 24 hours notice for amounts over about 10k USD. They can do several foreign currencies on similar notice.

This has more to do with the managerial policies of the banks in regard to daily cash flow than any conspiracies. Money sitting the safe isn't doing anything.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I've done business with a lot of different banks and they can all produce the demanded cash, but nearly all request 24 hours notice for amounts over about 10k USD. They can do several foreign currencies on similar notice.

This has more to do with the managerial policies of the banks in regard to daily cash flow than any conspiracies. Money sitting the safe isn't doing anything.

It has more to do with the banks being able to order the cash needed on a daily basis.

Its all a shell game. Frankly I get tired of the issues with cashing checks over 5k or even withdrawing more than 5k out of my checking accounts.

Credit unions are a joke when it comes to talking large amounts of cash out or even cashing check that there customers wrote. 1500.00 daily limits...come back every day for a week to get your 7k in cash.

ps to the bank teller. If I want to horde 100k in my safe at home its none of your business.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    This hits a really sore spot with me.

The bank provides a service to me and I understand that, but as the customer I should not be told what I can and cannot do with my own money.

A peson should not have to call ahead to be able to take his cash out of the bank.

we bank with forum in our household...never had an issue with them...even with big withdrawls...i went two weeks ago on a saturday and took out 20,000 to buy my wife a car for christmas...not a problem...only problem was i had to get my wife to sign off on it since it was a large withdraw on a joint account(which i think is a nice safety measure). they have always had no problem doing any business we needed done.
    big banks turned me off a few years back..ive been with forum 6 years now and not a single issue.:twocents:

hope you get a bank that will work for you(holiday or not..1st of month or not...banks should have decent funds to maintain a surge in business):twocents:

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    I took out a loan for 5k, and was told after the transaction that I would need to go to a different branch in order to recieve my money. I was astounded, but had no choice. That coupled with the metal detectors, and I'm now trying to convince my wife to change banks.

Thompson Road branch ?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    A few years back, my wife deposited a check from a settlement from an unethical employer, and I remember the clerk had to go get an OK from the Branch manager. I thought that was kind of strange. It wasn't over 5 figures??

Heck our local bank didn't have 10's when were cashing a $200 check for cash a couple of Saturdays ago. Weird.

Strange stuff going on.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Bank? Once I watched my Great-Grandmother's couch cushions and sock drawer produce over $18,000. When she took it into the bank, I also witnessed her get a playful scolding from the branch manager, for not keeping it more securely. I had to agree with the lady, but trying to convince a 90 year old woman how difficult it would be to claim that loss was an exercise in futility!

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Bank? Once I watched my Great-Grandmother's couch cushions and sock drawer produce over $18,000. When she took it into the bank, I also witnessed her get a playful scolding from the branch manager, for not keeping it more securely. I had to agree with the lady, but trying to convince a 90 year old woman how difficult it would be to claim that loss was an exercise in futility!

If you really want to see an exercise in futility, just imagine if the money was in the bank and some legal misshap froze her account. The thought of begging for my own money back is sickening.

Top Bottom