• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Was just watching a news story on Channel 59 in Indianapolis. A husband, upon coming home and finding his wife being raped, beat the assailant to death. The prosecutor has now filed manslaughter charges against the husband. The report also stated the (alleged) rapist had a lengthy criminal record.

First, I find it beyond absurd the husband is being charged. I'm not a prosecutor so I can't assess the legal merits of the charge. But from a moral standpoint, I find the prosecutors action more than distasteful.

Would the charge still have been made if the husband had shot the assailant ? I don't know. I guess it would be easier to argue the husband acted in a fit of rage if he shot the assailant as that action would take literally seconds. Presumably, it would take a little while to beat someone to death and the prosecutor could argue the husband should have been able to check himself before causing the assailant's death.

Whadda ya think ? Charge the husband or not ?

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    Without knowing ANY of the facts of this particular case, I want to think we don't have a right summarily execute someone. Once the treat is neutralized then our right to use force also ends. You can't just continue beating them until you've released all of your frustrations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whadda ya think ? Charge the husband or not ?

What do I think? FINALLY, A RIGHTEOUS FIGHT AT TRIAL!

I would think the situation will remain fluid until the detectives go over the rape contention. Wait and see. Always time later to run around the conference room table.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is the internet I am appalled that people even think about wanting all the facts before they comment

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    And so the "friend" of the assailant, who had been arrested 19 times and had multiple felony convictions, said he couldn't really find any fault with the assailant.

Now that the "facts" are known - you're on the jury, how do you find ? Guilty or not guilty ? Will the prosecutor be able to keep the dead man's prior arrest/conviction record from being admitted - assuming it goes to trial ?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I guess my question was more philosophical - but given the "facts" as described in the article will be found to be accurate should the husband be charged ? I guess if we're waiting on the facts does it seem the prosecutor was quick to file charges. I don't know the exact time line, but it seems the police may still be investigating.

Conundrum or not ?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Here is the most informative article I could find... UK sources often provide more detail, go figure. Appears the wife and sister fought the would-be rapist off, inside their apartment, for 20 minutes and managed to call the husband, a cab driver, who arrived with the would-be rapist pantless and wife stripped of her clothes in the hallway. The fight took place in the elevator, where the husband beat the crap out him with a tire iron.

Sounds about right to me... But I'm not a lawyer. Happened in NY where they coddle their criminals.

Bronx man charged with manslaughter for beating man who 'tried to rape his wife' | Daily Mail Online

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    One hit across the skull with a tire iron to fracture the skull and kill him or a 3 minute continuous pummeling until there is no life left in the body. The facts "SHOULD" make the difference once they are revealed.

Eithet way, the perp got what he deserved. And at 61 years old, the husband is charged with man slaughter. Possibility could do little or no time in jail. That might be the price I'd pay to make sure the dirt bag doesn't do that again.

Top Bottom