• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Yesterday, the furnace decided it was going to run constantly. It is like I have the fan switched to on instead of auto. It seems to maintain the temperature but most of the time it is blowing cold air and making the house feel really drafty. Is it time for me to finally replace the thermostat that I have been talking about doing for the last year and a half? Is there something wrong on the furnace end of things? If I move the temperature up and down on the thermostat, I can hear it click where it should be turning on and off but the fan just keeps on going. Thanks in advance. I'll hang up and listen to your answers. :)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Dang. I knew I forgot something. It's a modular home that was built in 2001 so I am assuming that is the age of the furnace as well. It is all electric. I am not certain on the brand. I will see if I can figure that out shortly.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You have lost the thermodisk on your fan.
    Should be about a $30 part to replace, but labor will be more.

The thermodisk is mounted to the outside of the fan housing, usually with a single screw, maybe two, or maybe just a spring clip.
    It's a small round disk about 1" across. It will have two wires connected to it.

Very easy to replace yourself, if you can find someone to sell you the part.

Pull the part and take it with you for an easier match.
    Thermodisks are rated by temperature ranges, and must match the old specs. to function properly.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Update: there is a switch on the front of the unit that will also turn on the fan. One of the kids must have hit it yesterday. Just switched it back to auto and we are back in business. Whew!!!

Top Bottom