• ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Here is the situation.

Upon the recommendation of another member several months ago, I tried Durham Heating & Cooling from Elletsville. The guy seemed really nice, and came out and checked out my situation, recharged my system to get me by, and then never called back. I've been trying to call him repeatedly for weeks. Seems like a business I would like to support (small one-man show) but if he can't provide the services I need in a timely manner then I am left with no other choice.

I have a leaking evaporator coil and need it replaced. It is covered under my home warranty that expired in September. The claim was submitted prior to that so it will so it will be covered, but I'm sure at some point the claim is going to fall out of their system so I'm tired of waiting for Durham Heating & Cooling. I will pay the $100 deductible, and the HVAC person will submit the claim to the home warranty company for the remainder of the payment.

I'm leaving the country in a week and the HVAC person will have to deal with my wife; she knows nothing about HVAC. I don't want anybody that is going to screw her around or try to pull a fast one or anything of the sort. I just want the work to be done well before I get back.

All I want is somebody willing to work on the home warranty terms: come out and inspect the unit (per the home warranty company to verify the failure), take immediate payment of $100, order the replacement coil, and install it.

Is that so hard?

This issue has now drug on for months and I need to get this taken care of (at least get the ball rolling) before I leave.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom