• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm looking to add a hydration bladder to my wife's back pack and I'm looking for recommendations. I've used primarily Camelback packs and accessories in the past, but the reviews I've read about their new Antidote line is prone to leaks. Thanks!

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    I have couple of the walmart brand and have used them a couple years now with no problems. I haven't been extremely rough with them, I tend to take good care of my gear so it will take care of me. Just my two cents.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    i have 3 camelbaks, and have used even more then that. Have not had any problems with leaking, unless i was sitting on the mouth piece, and that was my fault, not the bag. I have not heard anything negative about camelbaks, but thats not to say that they are flawless.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I'm looking to add a hydration bladder to my wife's back pack and I'm looking for recommendations. I've used primarily Camelback packs and accessories in the past, but the reviews I've read about their new Antidote line is prone to leaks. Thanks!

Link to a review?

I have CamelBak ... and love it. But my vote is crap since Ive only used CamelBak...

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    +1 on the Source Hydration gear. The biggest advantage is no plastic or vinyl taste, even after water has been in there for days. You can get the bladders for roughly $35. Here's their website: SOURCE Tactical Gear

:+1: Source

Most of the caps on these are the exact same as the Nalgene bottles too. So any accessory that you can screw on to a Nalgene bottle will also fit on a Source Bladder.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    The one thing I don't like on my camelbak is that usually the amount that I drink at a time is the amount stuck in the hose. Which gets really warm. Which really defeats the purpose of putting cold water in in the pack.

Now if I take a few gulps, I'll get cold water. But if I'm just taking one swig, I'll blow all the water from the tube back into the pack, and get cold water back.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Have used Camelbak for years. I recently replaced the bladder with the cheap walmart version and have no complaints. For just over $10, it's hard to justify spending the Camelbak price.

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    I have owned two Camelbaks and one Coleman and have not had an issue with either brand. Camelbak products are more comfortable but i have nothing but good things to say about both brands.

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    To add something new to the mix, I have a Hydrapak Streamline. The bladder opens up big enough to flip inside out which makes cleaning super easy. It doesn't use a screw on lid, but folds up like a drybag. I've had it for a few years now and like it. It looks like they've changed to a new system now. I have not had (nor have I heard of) any leakage issues with the bladder. Once in a blue moon, the bite valve won't close all the way, but it should be easy enough to swap a camelbak valve onto the drink tube (I haven't been bothered enough by it to do the swap).

Top Bottom