Hydro dipping your firearms. What do you think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    They make kits to do it your self at home. mydipkit.com

Youtube video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGEH7f1eiw[/ame]

What is your opinon?

I personally am thinking of doing my Mossberg 500.:rockwoot:

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Unless you just want to do it yourself you can have it done somewhere cheaper than the mydipkit costs. I would rather have someone with experience do a firearm. There is a new shop in the terre haute area that will do long guns for $75. Last i looked the mydipkit was over $100.

rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    Unless you just want to do it yourself you can have it done somewhere cheaper than the mydipkit costs. I would rather have someone with experience do a firearm. There is a new shop in the terre haute area that will do long guns for $75. Last i looked the mydipkit was over $100.

$69.99

BlackoutBilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Some of the Kits look cool....like skulls and the more "non-traditional" camo's if your wanting to make "show piece" and the other things I have seen dipped at gunshows like animal skulls

Most of them just look fake to me... too sharp of lines in the camo give me a good ol rattle can and some time and most likely come out nice and blendable...if there is such a word...if not I made it one.

So I guess that is my long winded viewpoint on this.......one more post closer to being able to PM and email ppl direct.

Thanks

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks like a lot of work and plenty of room for error if I did it. I've thought of having one done but never got past the thinking about it stage. :rolleyes:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Since I have the sporter stock on my Nagant I think it would make a good candidate for this process. It's beat up as it is.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek

Yes the entry kit is $69.99, however that only gives you a piece of film that is 20inx78in. Enough to do 1 long gun or 2 or 3 handguns IF you don't mess up at all. Not much margin for error when learning a new process. The next size kit is over $100. As i said,if you are just in it for the project and money is no concern then cool. If you just want a gun dipped it would be cheaper and more of a sure thing to have someone do it.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I bought the kit to dip a couple deer skulls. Worked perfect. I then tried it on a Keltec 9mm, worked perfect but didn't wear well. I then did a slide of a DB 380, didn't turn out well at all. I think it would work really good on plastic parts.

The deer skulls turned out very nice. It's a cool way to dress up a plain European mount.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I had it done and love mine. It holds up as well as duracoat as that's what it is. It isn't, however, a mydipkit thing. The professional dippers have a lot more steps in the process.
    picture.php

Atacs saiga 7.62x39

Here is the thread explaining the process. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/218487-battlecoat_t_ed_ak.html

Top Bottom