• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Just wondering if anyone has a source or knows if either of these two bullets is available to reload. I am looking to load these two bullets for .45acp as they are the two rounds that I use for PD. My thoughts are if I can reload them for half of what I can purchase them for then I can get more practice time with them.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Neither

Unfortunately, they dont make them in any sort of "overage" situation that would warrant release to distributors for reloading. Occasionally, places like Graf and Sons would get in Gold Dots or FMJ Federal bullets (both 9mm and 5.56) as overages to sell. The Gold Dots they used to sell were not just the standard, available kind: The 147grainers they used to sell were at an astronomically low price and bulk packaged. Now, you can only get the standard 100 count boxes at normal pricing. How I missed those days...

I am suprised with the popularity of the HST ammo from Federal that they:
    A. Should release it to civilian sales more prevalently, rather than occasional amounts through police supply distributors.
    B. Release the Hydroshok as a component.

As for the Ranger or PDX1 bullet, that is VERY sad they dont make that for component work. But, supply and demand, really sucks.

Best thing: Stick with ball ammo and find some that matches the ballistics of your carry ammo. Failing that, there are MANY bullet manufacturers that carry stuff that should (with careful testing) match the ballistics of your carry stuff (but with a cheaper and different bullet design).

Top Bottom