• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    I know this is probably a long shot. Just wondering if anyone knows what happen to the company? I purchased some DIY 50 cal plans from them about 10 years ago. It appears that the company has dissolved and is not longer in existence. I am now looking through some old things I have and I was wondering if anyone knows of the gentlemen that were in charge of the company (it's been a long time, and I can't remember their names).

hyperdel.com was the website. At the time, they were prototyping a .50 caliper, Barrett style semi-auto rifle, similar to the M107, but they were also selling DIY plans to generate revenue. If anyone knows names or has contact information, that would be great.

Brandan

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By hyper delivery, am I to understand they specialized in saboted .308WIN or .338Lapua in a .50BMG cartridge?

That link was no help. It took me through redirect Hell. At some point, I was reading a year old article on Japanese underpopulation.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    By hyper delivery, am I to understand they specialized in saboted .308WIN or .338Lapua in a .50BMG cartridge?

That link was no help. It took me through redirect Hell. At some point, I was reading a year old article on Japanese underpopulation.

I am fully aware that the link was not active. If you re-read the sentence, it says "was the website", as in past tense. Also, I have never heard of any other project from Hyperdel other than the 50BMG.

Here's something you should read www.HomeGunsmith.com Static Archive

Thank you. Everything in that article is very true. The HD59 that was designed by Hyperdel is very complex, has many parts, and is well beyond the average "home machinist". Given our full service CNC machine shop, processing the parts in house shouldn't be too much of an issue. We are going to need to make a few minor changes to a select number of parts, but overall the action will likely stay 100% the same.

My main area of concern is the bolt head. The original plans call for a 5 lug design, however I remember hearing rumor that Hyperdel changed the design to a more robust 3 lug design.

Brandan

50CALGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Livonia
    5 lug design

My main area of concern is the bolt head. The original plans call for a 5 lug design, however I remember hearing rumor that Hyperdel changed the design to a more robust 3 lug design.

Brandan[/QUOTE]

I have made the original 5 lug design for the HD59. It has more than enough surface area and strength. There were numerous errors in dimensioning on the original blueprints.

Attachments

• Rifle-Skirt-1.jpg
      Rifle-Skirt-1.jpg
      391.9 KB · Views: 18
    • Green1.jpg
      Green1.jpg
      473.3 KB · Views: 18
    • Blue1.jpg
      Blue1.jpg
      534.4 KB · Views: 17

50CALGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Livonia
    5 lug design

Brandan[/QUOTE]

I have made the original 5 lug design for the HD59. It has more than enough surface area and strength. There were numerous errors in dimensioning on the original blueprints.

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    Oh wow. It looks like you modified the lower receiver to utilize an off-the-shelf magazine.
    We are nearing completion on the bolt, and the bolt carrier, probably two of the most complex parts out of the system.
    How often do you fire it? How old is it? How is it holding up?

Brandan

50CALGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Livonia
    I take it out two to three times a year. Not cheap to shoot, but definitely fun. Its holding up pretty well. I did use a M107 magazine, but I only modified the magazine. The lower is still original. The mag cover is actually part of the upper receiver and became an afterthought. It just didn't look right as original. I ended up using 9310 steel for all the chrome moly steel parts for there is way less shrinkage and warping after heat treat to deal with. Watch out for pierced primers too. They weld the titanium firing pin right in the bolt head. I finished the first on 2006. The other the year after. The porting for the bolt to work correctly also needs some tuning. Larger tube I.D. Without that it will not load the next in.

Top Bottom